CD player for Dynaudio XEO 2

EdwinG

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
I hope you can help me with the following.
I have recently purchased a set of Dynaudio XEO 2 active speakers. For my CD collection I am now using an old Sony DVD player as source but I want to buy a CD player (or transport). For streaming Spotify I now use the Bluetooth functionality of the XEO 2 but intend to buy a Chromecast audio. Next on the list is also a pair of dedicated stands.

Now I am curious to know which CD player will fit the XEO 2. I am looking at either the Denon DCD 6000NE or a recent Marantz CDP. I used to own a Marantz CD6000 OSE with a matching Marantz amp but sold it about 4 years ago for an all-in-one Denon CEOL with Q Acoustics 3010 speaker to use in our small living room.
Since the XEO 2 are described as rather dynamic speakers I wonder whether the dynamic Denon sound or the more relaxed warm Marantz sound will be more suitable.
I intend to use the digital connection on the XEO 2 so the DAC in the CDP is by passed. And also use the XEO 2 directly for my AKG K550 headphones. Do not (yet) intend to buy a dedicated head amp.
Music choice ranges from Bruce Springsteen, John Hiatt, John Mellencamp, Seal, Crowded House to Paul Simon. No classical or jazz music. Prefer to listen at low to medium volume.

We are moving soon to a new house with a larger living room. My intention is to use the new hifi set in a small upstairs room for when I want to listen to my own music and move to gear to the larger living room whenever possible.

Hope you can help me.

jjbomber

Bit outside the box, but I would buy the Panasonic DPUB820 DVD player with optical output, DLNA streaming and Miracast (if you have a compatible phone). I use the Oppo DVD player with Dynaudio Xeo 6s.

EdwinG

Jan 8, 2021
Visit site
I am not looking for an amp; just a CD player. Pricewise the Audiolab is more expensive than the Denon DCD 6000NE or a Marantz CD player. I am interested to know if there are people who have this combination or have heard it

I am not looking for an amp; just a CD player. Pricewise the Audiolab is more expensive than the Denon DCD 6000NE or a Marantz CD player. I am interested to know if there are people who have this combination or have heard it
Sorry, misread you post.
Cannot help on those CD players but if you're only using them as a transport you can ignore the sound you mentioned as you're going to be listening to the DAC in the speakers.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts