Cambridge Audio CXA60 vs Marantz PM6005 (for Monitor Audio BX2)

ed905

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I currently have Monitor Audio BX2 bookshelf speakers (6 months old, broken in and does not sound 'bright' to me) powered by a friends Marantz NR1604 (home theatre amp). I'm looking to purchase my first integrated amp. I've always used home theater receivers so I need some advice from owners of these amplifiers matched with these speakers.

My set-up/sound now is nice but I want to get as much out of the speakers as I can.

I mainly have my macbook sending music to the reciever via optical cable (spotify/Premium User and ALAC Files). My question/research has led me to believe that I can inprove the midrange with the Cambridge Audio CXA60. Your thoughts/experience would be greatly appreciated. The price difference between the two is about $100.

Side Note: Both have a built in DAC which is nice as I would like to keep things as simple as possible.

We listen to almost everything throught the week (Ben Howard, Damien Rice, Nora Jones, Kat Edmonson, Tribe Called Quest, Chris Stapleton, Classsical and Jazz).

Thanks Guys/Gals!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum.
I dont want you to think my reply is a bit snobish but just getting an amp for the bx2 speakers might only satisfy your hifi itch for a short time.

What id do seems you already have speakers to to get the best amp within your buget and then you could upgrade the speakers at a later date.

So how much buget do you have for the amp? Would you consider 2nd hand?

Also what is the size of your listening room and how loud do you like to play?

Do you have speaker stands?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts