Marantz or Cambridge Audio or Pioneer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all
emotion-2.gif

Good to be here among fellow audionuts! Well I need your help in deciding my budget hifi system. My options are -

a) Marantz CD6002 + PM6002

b) Cambridge Audio 640C v2 + 640A v2

c) Pioneer PD-D6-J + A-A6-J

I'm planning to team this up with Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, (Sub150 optional) and QED Anniversay Cables.

Please help me decide which one to go for as unfortunately all of them sounds good to me and are priced almost the same.
emotion-42.gif
Pioneer being the least and Marantz demanding the most!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Personally I'd go for the Marantz, but then have always like the Marantz sound. I'd partner them with the Mordaunt-Short 902i speakers - the fact Marantz distributes M-S in Europe means there's a synergy between the two brands.

But hold fire until next week when we have a test of one-makes systems in the January issue. on sale December 13.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Andrew. Really appreciate the quick reply.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Andrew. So that puts to rest my 2 months old hifi hunt. Will be picking up the Marantz combo this weekend!

best regards.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

I had a post on "upgrade help". Im currently using a rotel rc and rb 971 (bridged). thinking of the chaning to marantz and a new pair of speakers. Or do u suggest i keep the rotels and change my current speakers which is a bose am5 to something else? my cd player is philips 963

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts