Cambridge Audio Azur 640A V2 amp + Marantz CD6002 cd player + Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Are a Cambridge Audio Azur 640A V2 amp + Marantz CD6002 cd player + Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers a good choice / combination for a medium apartment space?

Thanks

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I would say they'd work well together but it also depends on what music you listen to you also your own personal hearing!

IMO the C/A amp would be too bright partnered with the Marantz CDP BUT if you paired the Marantz CDP with the matching amp and some Dali Lektor 1/2 speakers you'd do much better.

Have you also considered the NAD seaprates at that level as well as B&W and Monitor Audio speakers.

What is your overall budget would you say?

A

Anonymous

Hi Thank you for quick response.

My Budget is around 1100-1200 pound.

I noticed What hi fi review would often comment most of the cambridge audio Cd player or amps to sound bright on the treble.

So which are the matching speakers and cd player for my tight budget?

I noticed what hi fi will match Cambridge audio amp and cambridge audio cd players same make together and pair with Monitor Audio BR2.

What is the difference characteristics between Monitor audio BR2 compare to Wharfedale Dia 9.1 speakers? in your own opinion?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
With your budget I'd be looking at better components straight away

Along the lines of:

NAD C326BEE or C355BEE integrated amp, NAD C545BEE CDP or an Arcam CD192 CDP (via eBay) and B&W 685 speakers on decent stands (Partington SuperDreadnoughts) then intercoinnects and speaker cable (Chord Company products would be ideal).

IMO the Wharfedalke speaekers are good but mainly for budget systems. The M/A BR2's are the next step up and they have a better over all soundstage with batter bass depth and smoother, more detailed midrange and treble.

Again; with your budget you could get a cracking system via eBay and quality 2nd hand items!

Dont forgot theough you HAVE to demo and demo again. There's no better judge for a new system than yourself and your ears!

A

Anonymous

Dear sir or Mdm, Thank you for your advice...

I will try it out and listen to the combinations you've recommended

Best Rgds,

Alvin
emotion-2.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
No worries Alvin

And it's Mr! Haha...

Don't just go of the combo's I've suggested; get yourself a recently What Hifi mag and look at their recommendations as well and then find the shops where you can demo the separates and mix & match the systems to see which separates suit you best and which speakers give the best soundstage for your musical tastes

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
the 9.1 have strong bass, wich would fit nicely with the lack of bass the 640 has.and woud be a good match for taming some of the brightness of the same amp.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Dan/Ear:

Sorry to Mr. Alvin to ask some questions in his post.

From my signature, what changes can I make for the bass to be better and tighter. This 640v2 I have for the past 1 year and I haven't compared many amp with the RS6 wrt to bass - so is the 640 a good match for RS6, the bass am hearing now is all that RS6 can produce, or there is more stunning bass to it when I change my amp ?

Thank you Mr. Alvin.

matthewpiano

Personally I think the Wharfedale 9.1s are better speakers than the BR2s, particularly in terms of mid-range clarity and overall integration across the frequency range.

However, I do agree with Dan that, with your budget, you could be looking at better components than the ones you suggest and the NAD combination should definitely be on your demo list. The 685s might just suit you down to the ground (they are excellent and work well with the NAD electronics), but I'd also recommend trying Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 2s (which I personally think are more capable than the 685s) and Dali Lektor 2s to make sure you get the sound that suits you.

For sheer musicality try Rega Apollo, Rega Brio and Rega RS1s.

A

Anonymous

Hi Ear :p

thanks for the reply. Actually i thought of marantz Cd 6002 because i love its MP3/WMA function... which is quite hard to find in UK design CD players. furthermore it is rated 5 star in what hi fi.

I wish to know more of the characteristics of this CD player. before deciding to audition my suggested match.

In your opinion,

What is the characteristics and this player will match better with which amp?

thanks and best rgds

Alvin

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advise matthew.

hmm seems like NAD is another amp i should shortlist & audition, already 2 hi fi enthusiast recommended me :)

thank you and best rgds

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts