Marantz NA7004 + PM-KI Pearl LITE amplifier V Naim UnitiQute

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Good Evening all,

I have noticed that the Marantz NA7004 + PM-KI Pearl LITE have had a big price reduction. They now cost the same as a UnitiQute. Both the Marantz and Uniti have had great reviews and was wanted to know which would be best?

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I have asked a few questions over the last few months about the Marantz NA7004 but got no reply. Now I am starting to have doubts about it. I am thinking to myself is it rubbish, unreliable , poor user interface, no one is buying it so they reduced the price and the sound is not great?

No thoughts???

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
CraigDS said:
I have asked a few questions over the last few months about the Marantz NA7004 but got no reply. Now I am starting to have doubts about it. I am thinking to myself is it rubbish, unreliable , poor user interface, no one is buying it so they reduced the price and the sound is not great?

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Marantz-NA7004/

There is at least one other highly rated review (from another UK hifi magazine) but forum rules prevent linking it here.

I think it was also well reviewed in Gramophone magazine late last year, but I can't find it.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Despite the growth in streaming, I still get the feeling that the Marantz NA7004 is a fairly niche product and the reason you aren't getting any answers is few or no forum members own one or have had the chance to test one out instore.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The NA7004 and KI Pearl lite are far from rubbish, just maybe not as mainstream as some other options. I rate the amp very highly and prefer it to the standard Pearl. It might not be as clean or as powerful as the larger models but it is just great to listen to. The NA7004 is also an excellent product IMO to the extent that I am just about to buy one. We have been running the pairing in store for ages now and with airplay it makes for a very complete set. I am aware that the Naim is very good as well - it is a nice choice to have to make.

A

Anonymous

I own a Marantz PM-KI Pearl Lite amplifier and I simply love it. The fact that I bought it after the big price reduction only adds to my satisfaction.

Jacko

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Debutant said:
I own a Marantz PM-KI Pearl Lite amplifier and I simply love it. The fact that I bought it after the big price reduction only adds to my satisfaction.

Out of interest, what's the rest of your system ?

A

Anonymous

My Marantz PM-KI Pearl Lite amplifier is connected to ProAudio Black Diamond speakers (bi-amp'ed) and Sony CDP-227 EDS CD player, plus a Sony tuner the model of which escapes me.

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I was reading my old issues of What Hi Fi and it advises buying an Arcam RDAC to improve the sound of the Marantz NA7004. My question is would the RDAC improve the sound of the Naim UnitiQute?

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
CraigDS said:
My question is would the RDAC improve the sound of the Naim UnitiQute?

It's unlikely, as the Unitiqute doesn't have a digital output...
Mind you, some hifi mags in the 80s used to say that putting silver foil on top of speaker cabinets improved the sound, so anything's possible.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
There is at least one other highly rated review (from another UK hifi magazine) but forum rules prevent linking it here

The review you refer to needs to be carefully read...because it seems that he was mainly listening to it via the Naim DAC. Which means.....he was basically listening to the Naim DAC!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts