Marantz & Dynaudio

gvlada

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have stereo and surround setup with Marantz PM7001 KI, Onkyo TX-SR706 with Monitor Audio RX spk and sw REL T2.

I would like to put two separate systems, Onkyo with MA and REL and Marantz with...

I saw used, in very good condition Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MK2 spk (~800e).

How would Marantz PM7001 KI match with Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MK2? Thx....

gvlada

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I am using front pre-out from Onkyo to Marantz for surround. Fronts are RX2.
I listened Marantz PM8200 with Dynaudio Contour S 1.4 and it was excellant but not 7001 KI with 1.8 MK2.

A

Anonymous

In terms of a sonic match, Ive not heard them so wont comment. However beware that Dyn's like a lot of power and quality current. THey arent particularly sensitive and just sing a lot better on the end of meaty subs. Not sure you'll be getting the most out of them. I previously had some Audience 72SEs with a Cyrus 8 integrated that just couldnt cut it. Had to move to a Bel Canto option to drive it sufficiently.

gvlada

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I see your point. That is why I asked for peoples opinion. I found this in one review:

"Although Marantz rates the PM7001 KI’s power output at 70-watts per channel, you’d hardly guess that from the results returned by the test sample, where the lowest output measured was 85-watts per channel, and that was at 20kHz with both channels driven into 8Ω. At lower frequencies into exactly the same load, and still with both channels driven, the PM7001 KI delivered 96-watts continuous per channel. When only a single channel was driven, the Marantz broke through the 100-watt barrier at all frequencies, and for all loads, with a best result of 200-watts per channel into 2Ω."

Then I got advices for various speakers, from Monitor Audio, through Dali, AE, Focus, Klipsch, Tannoy, to Dynaudio.

Thx for time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts