Marantz CDP Dilemma - What to do?

jdp1962

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
I bought a new CD6003 yesterday, which turned out to be faulty, so it's going back for an exchange. However, the dealer has told me that he has a SA7001 that he can let me have for £359.99. Should I go for it, or stick with the CD6003, which cost £269.99.

I don't have any SACDs, but will the extra £90 be worth paying for better sound on my CDs

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Silver still seems wrong to me, black just seems to look "right". Mind you, my current cdp is kind of beige! I hope the replacement works out for you.

jdp1962

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:jdp1962:
Turns out the SA7001 was a KI, but it was also silver.

I've gone for a straight swap and so far, all seems fine.

Sorry, you got the 7'KI?

No; I swapped for another CD6003.

John Duncan

Ah ok. Ignore me then (I'd have got the KI
emotion-2.gif
)

jdp1962

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Ah ok. Ignore me then (I'd have got the KI
emotion-2.gif
)

If it had been black, so might I. But then again, I've just found out today that the house needs a new boiler. So I need to find three grand from somewhere, never mind another £90!

John Duncan

jdp1962:
JohnDuncan:Ah ok. Ignore me then (I'd have got the KI
emotion-2.gif
)

If it had been black, so might I. But then again, I've just found out today that the house needs a new boiler. So I need to find three grand from somewhere, never mind another £90!

See, it was fate...

A

Anonymous

Three grand for a new boiler??!! Mate, you need to look around a bit. I recently had a very nice Worcester Bosch 30CDi installed for half that (including the price of the boiler, which I bought myself). Remember plumbers get boilers trade price (around 30%off) so a bit of bargaining is in order.

The 30CDi will heat up a three bedroom house easily and is dead reliable, as well as quiet running. Spend the grand or so I'm sure you can save to get a ripping hifi, haha, good luck. Don't pay over the odds, especially at the moment when tradesmen ain't that busy!

jdp1962

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Cidershed:
Three grand for a new boiler??!! Mate, you need to look around a bit. I recently had a very nice Worcester Bosch 30CDi installed for half that (including the price of the boiler, which I bought myself). Remember plumbers get boilers trade price (around 30%off) so a bit of bargaining is in order.

The 30CDi will heat up a three bedroom house easily and is dead reliable, as well as quiet running. Spend the grand or so I'm sure you can save to get a ripping hifi, haha, good luck. Don't pay over the odds, especially at the moment when tradesmen ain't that busy!

That was the first figure that came into my head. I'm waiting for the quotes at the moment.

T

the record spot

Well, I'd have gone with the other option and sod the £90...(see below). The KI for £359? That's almost a giveaway price. Got mine for £300 in a sale, but yours is the next lowest price I'd seen.

A

Anonymous

I'm interested to Marantz sa8003...do you think there's much difference of sound compared to the SA7001 KI or is better i proceed with this and save money?

T

the record spot

Not too sure about the difference, however the SA8003 is the next step along from the SA7001-KI, although it borrows more in looks from the higher end gear in the company's line-up. I suspect it may carry more bass weight to the delivery than the 7001KI, but haven't heard to confirm. It does, however, offer SACD still, which is very handy if you have such discs. Definitely one to shortlist in the £500-£1000 bracket, but don't overlook the opportunity to hear the 7001-KI if you have the chance. It's a very special performer IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts