Question Macbook Pro (M1) and DAC

lakelandstu70

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
First post here. First world problem question. Just got back into Hifi after 15 years. My separates eventually died (based around a Marantz Amp and Mission Speakers)...anyway. I had a Macbook Air an Audioquest Dragonfly Black. The DAC made a big difference. I now have Macbook Pro M1... and tried the Dragonfly, but found the straight connection better. I am wondering if it's really worth buying a separate DAC (Cobalt or better) as everything I have read on here suggests the built-in DAC is excellent anyway on the M1.? Other details I think I'll be asked... yes I stream Spotify so the sound quality isn't great. I also have bought a CD drive so I have ripped a lot of my CDs to lossless standard. As a direct headphone connection, I have a choice Sennheiser Momentums and B&O H9s. I also connect the Mac to my AVR system (Denon x2700h) through the 3.5mm jack. and finally, I've bought a QED cable for the 3.5mm connection (made a difference which surprised me). oh and yes I have a turntable and plenty of vinyl... just wonder if I can/should improve the output of the Mac via a DAC...

Thanks.....

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts