Loudspeakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of upgrading my speakers, i am using the kef Q1. Planning to get monitor audio RS1, just asking you guys out there, is this a good choice??? Any other recommendations?? My budget is 300 to 450 pounds. I feel my speaker lack of bass and not enough control. I would not want to get a speaker that will shake my room but something solid and deep and with clarity and detail.

My systems:

NAD C352 amp, NAD C542 cd, Van DEn Hul CS122 speaker cable and Taralabs Spectrum 1a interconnect.

My list of speaker that i have in mind is Dynaudio Audience 42, Epos 12.2, Kef IQ5, Mordaunt Short 904, 906 and Monitor Audio RS6. I like the look of the RS 6 very much bt i am not sure will it cost too much boom. My room size is 3.5m x 4m. Hope someone can give me some advice. I am living in Australia, Perth so i do not have much choices of speaker here.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Of the speakers you suggest most have a 4-star review from us, with the exception of the Epos 12.2 and MA Radius RS1 which both got 5 stars, so I'd go with one of those. The MA RS6 (also 5 stars) is £600 in the UK, so may be outside your price range unless they're cheaper in Australia than here.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tansriloi"]
I am thinking of upgrading my speakers, i am using the kef Q1. Planning to get monitor audio RS1, just asking you guys out there, is this a good choice??? Any other recommendations?? My budget is 300 to 450 pounds. I feel my speaker lack of bass and not enough control. I would not want to get a speaker that will shake my room but something solid and deep and with clarity and detail.

My systems:

NAD C352 amp, NAD C542 cd, Van DEn Hul CS122 speaker cable and Taralabs Spectrum 1a interconnect.

My list of speaker that i have in mind is Dynaudio Audience 42, Epos 12.2, Kef IQ5, Mordaunt Short 904, 906 and Monitor Audio RS6. I like the look of the RS 6 very much bt i am not sure will it cost too much boom. My room size is 3.5m x 4m. Hope someone can give me some advice. I am living in Australia, Perth so i do not have much choices of speaker here.
[/quote]
I had the RS1s in a room that size. I went to buy the RS6s but found that they boomed too much for me. Instead I bought a sub and tuned it to my room. Plus you can always consider the sub later...

A

Anonymous

Just wondering was the boom of the RS 6 bad coz im not sure to go for the RS1 or RS6 as i dont have enough room for a sub.

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

It has been almost 6 years from my last upgrade. I have just shifted house and find there is a need to upgrade or rather downsizing my loudspeaker. My current System Nad c352 amp, nad c542 cd and MA RS 6.

The new space area is approx 4m by 4m. I would love to replace my speaker to a bookshelf this time. I have short listed a few models such as B&W CM1 or CM5, Dynaudio Xcite X12, X14 or X16.

Due to not much choices in Perth, Australia, I have to choose between these 2 brands. I hope anyone would give me some suggestions, recommendations or opinions. I would appreciate greatly. I would like to get a stand mount with much detail, finesse and deep bass. I mainly listen to vocals, jazz and pop.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts