Lost Picture with Sony BDP S570

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well I finally made the plundge and replaced the PS3 with a dedicated player which arrived yesterday.

One slight problem is that when you start the disc the main menu is as normal but on selecting play I get a blue default screen from my projector, the disc is playing as it should with sound but no picture. To fix the problem I have to select another input on the amp then reselect Blu Ray.

I am not sure if this is a switching problem with the amp or a output niggle with the sony.

Amp is a Marantz SR6003 connected to a Panasonic PTAX 200E via HDMI.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm pulling out what is left of my limited supply of hair :(

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a handshaking problem somewhere down the line: the whole HDMI interface, though of course intended to be a universal plug and play system, is fraught with clashes such as this, thanks to the copy-protection built into the system.

Might be worth checking the 3D Output Setting - see manual, p22. The default is 'Auto', which may be causing the clash - try setting it to 'Off' instead. Just a thought...

Also worth checking the BD/DVD-ROM 1080/24p Output and HDMI Deep Colour Output settings - see manual, p 23. Again, in each case the default is 'Auto', whereas for your projector they should be set to 'Off'.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Sounds like a handshaking problem somewhere down the line: the whole HDMI interface, though of course intended to be a universal plug and play system, is fraught with clashes such as this, thanks to the copy-protection built into the system.

Might be worth checking the 3D Output Setting - see manual, p22. The default is 'Auto', which may be causing the clash - try setting it to 'Off' instead. Just a thought...

Also worth checking the BD/DVD-ROM 1080/24p Output and HDMI Deep Colour Output settings - see manual, p 23. Again, in each case the default is 'Auto', whereas for your projector they should be set to 'Off'.

Thanks Andrew,

Changed both settings to off, it achieved a partial fix having tried several discs and only had the problem repeat once which is an improvement.

I have noticed that when the BDP is loading or starting to play the screen on the amp shows that it is searching for an input. this suggests to me that the problem still lies between the BDP and amp.

Any further fix's will be appreciated

Thanks again

Gary

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts