Looks like a bargain to me, mains filter and surge protector.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
drummerman:

There is a device that should, in theory, do the same job and looks much cooler. It's called a power sub-station. That it is also included in your electricity supply is a bonus plus it's tucked away in the landscape so does'nt interfere with your interior. Admittedly, choice of colour is limited.

Joking aside, these boxes look very cheap (discounted) but are really only a bargain if you actually need one. I use a tacima and can attest that it can make a difference, for better or worse so I wouldn't discount them as rubbish plus having a read-out of your supply is kind of ...

Nice one!
emotion-1.gif

scene

ESP2009:drummerman:

There is a device that should, in theory, do the same job and looks much cooler. It's called a power sub-station. That it is also included in your electricity supply is a bonus plus it's tucked away in the landscape so does'nt interfere with your interior. Admittedly, choice of colour is limited.

Joking aside, these boxes look very cheap (discounted) but are really only a bargain if you actually need one. I use a tacima and can attest that it can make a difference, for better or worse so I wouldn't discount them as rubbish plus having a read-out of your supply is kind of ...

Nice one!
emotion-1.gif

emotion-1.gif
I know, but I also know for a fact that electricity suppliers are allowed to vary both the voltage and frequency of supply (within certain parameters), and I know they do and I seem to remember it's several percent. Added to that the pops and crackles caused by my two fridge freezers switching on and off.. So it may be good. Thing is I need a multi-way power block, and the Tacoma doesn't have enough sockets, nor does the pf30...

Hmmm.

A

Anonymous

scene:Order has been cancelled and the money refunded
emotion-9.gif

and the pf30 is just too small for the number of devices I've got...

Could buy 2 PF30's maybe ?

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
stu31:scene:Order has been cancelled and the money refunded
emotion-9.gif

and the pf30 is just too small for the number of devices I've got... Could buy 2 PF30's maybe ?

Ooooh, I love a spot of lateral thinking!
emotion-1.gif
Perfectly reasonable suggestion, but the PF30 does lack a digital outlet, if I understand correctly. Therefore a good solution for some, but not all - pity.

scene

ESP2009:
stu31:scene:Order has been cancelled and the money refunded
emotion-9.gif

and the pf30 is just too small for the number of devices I've got... Could buy 2 PF30's maybe ?

Ooooh, I love a spot of lateral thinking!
emotion-1.gif
Perfectly reasonable suggestion, but the PF30 does lack a digital outlet, if I understand correctly. Therefore a good solution for some, but not all - pity.

That was my thought (I was going to reply, but fell asleep over the keyboard...), also needs 2xpower socket, and I was thinking that I might want to keep one of my double sockets free for direct plugging in the amp... decisions, decisions.

A

Anonymous

scene:ESP2009:drummerman:

Nice one!
emotion-1.gif

emotion-1.gif
I know, but I also know for a fact that electricity suppliers are allowed to vary both the voltage and frequency of supply (within certain parameters), and I know they do and I seem to remember it's several percent. Added to that the pops and crackles caused by my two fridge freezers switching on and off.. So it may be good. Thing is I need a multi-way power block, and the Tacoma doesn't have enough sockets, nor does the pf30...

Hmmm.

If you're gonna be that anal about it, live in an igloo. Voila - freezer problem solved, and your kit won't overheat.....

Seriously, if you're fretting about your mains supply and appliances affecting the sound of your music, its time to open that front door and go for a brisk walk.

scene

To be fair, I'm more worried about mains spikes and their ilk. Having had to sort out my sister's PC which had its circuitry fried after a lightning strike on the cables near her house, I'm a little less blas‚ about these things than I was.

I also think I have quite a dirty power supply as I get audible hum on a number of devices (Note to self: must get the earth connection checked...) and some definite clicks and pops when the freezers/boiler/central heating pumps kick in and out...

bennyboy71:
If you're gonna be that anal about it, live in an igloo. Voila - freezer problem solved, and your kit won't overheat.....

Seriously, if you're fretting about your mains supply and appliances affecting the sound of your music, its time to open that front door and go for a brisk walk.

The melting ice from the igloo interfered with the amp too much...

And I get two brisk walks a day, to and from the station
emotion-1.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
scene:To be fair, I'm more worried about mains spikes and their ilk. Having had to sort out my sister's PC which had its circuitry fried after a lightning strike on the cables near her house, I'm a little less blas‚ about these things than I was.
I also think I have quite a dirty power supply as I get audible hum on a number of devices (Note to self: must get the earth connection checked...) and some definite clicks and pops when the freezers/boiler/central heating pumps kick in and out...
bennyboy71: If you're gonna be that anal about it, live in an igloo. Voila - freezer problem solved, and your kit won't overheat..... Seriously, if you're fretting about your mains supply and appliances affecting the sound of your music, its time to open that front door and go for a brisk walk. The melting ice from the igloo interfered with the amp too much...
And I get two brisk walks a day, to and from the station
emotion-1.gif

Would that be Ice Station Zebra, perchance?
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts