Looks like a bargain to me, mains filter and surge protector.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
These can now be had for under £40, were over £250. Just ordered mine.

PRN1_ap51300-10.jpg

Each PureAV Power Console is [/b]packed with innovative features, such as Multi-Phase PureFilterT Circuitry, designed to remove electrical noise and provide clean and clear power to all of your valuable equipment. It isolates audio, video and digital components, and prevents noise created by one connected component from contaminating the entire system. Built-in Advanced Overvoltage Protection automatically disconnects power from your equipment when the input voltage reaches a dangerous level, and restores power automatically when the voltage returns to a safe level. To deal with threats from sources other than your AC lines, all PureAV Power Consoles come with coaxial cable, phone and broadband Ethernet line protection.

Belkin PureAV Home Theater Power Console PF40 - Surge suppressor - 10 Output Connector(s) - United Kingdom

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
nodnarb4444:

just found this pic,but cant see it on sale in black

B000T9FC32-1-lg.jpg

Shame the black version looks too tall to fit in my cabinet!
emotion-2.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
scene:Has anyone seen a review of it, or actually own one?

I've had a look around the interweb and there are some very favourbale comments made, especially at the new price. However...they are darned tricky to source for anything like under £45 (excl P&P) and there seem to have been some issues with a batch that suffered defects. (Also, I prefer black!)

Not sure of the viable alternatives at this price level.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ESP2009:But more seriously: has anyone seen the connections on the rear? Anyone got or used one?

Have a look at this and you can see the photos of the back. This is for the PF30.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-Belkin-PureAV-Home-Theatre-Power-Console-PF30-/200528480910?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item2eb06dca8e#ht_1198wt_1137

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the original post was over 3 weeks old - when posted they had 100 + in stock so these must have been shifting!

they are really good, take up a lot of space and the plugs are low on bottom of unit which is why pushed so far back in my cabinet but can def recommend them

there is a little review in the other thread but to me has def had positive effect on both picture and sound and for that money was a no brainer really

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:
the original post was over 3 weeks old - when posted they had 100 + in stock so these must have been shifting!

they are really good, take up a lot of space and the plugs are low on bottom of unit which is why pushed so far back in my cabinet but can def recommend them

there is a little review in the other thread but to me has def had positive effect on both picture and sound and for that money was a no brainer really

What's the difference between the PF40 and the PF30?

scene

matengawhat:

No looks good - hopefully mine will turn up
emotion-21.gif

I've got a big, deep (60cm) AV cabinet - so hoping to screw it down near the back, and it seems to good a bargain to pass up on. Just missed the original post for some reason...

scene

ESP2009:Looks like you got the last one! Doh!!
emotion-6.gif

Sorry my ferrety friend! I am a bit worried, having gone back into the shop4usb site and seeing the "product not found" message, that they've updated their website to remove the item and that I won't get it anyway
emotion-6.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
scene:ESP2009:Looks like you got the last one! Doh!!
emotion-6.gif
Sorry my ferrety friend! I am a bit worried, having gone back into the shop4usb site and seeing the "product not found" message, that they've updated their website to remove the item and that I won't get it anyway
emotion-6.gif

I think you may be right - we're too late to the party (once more!)

Had a quick look at the PF30, which is obviously the lesser brother. Too few outputs and none of them digital. I reckon the Tacima is safe for now.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:matengawhat:

What's the difference between the PF40 and the PF30?

PF40 has 10 sockets 9 at rear 1 at front 4 digital 2 video (always on) 2 video and 1 hi current for amp or sub (these can be switched on/off) Full digital display showing status of switched sockets, incoming voltage, amps being used and wiring healthy.

PF30 has 5 rear sockets 2 video (always on) 2 audio and 1 hi current (again can be switched on/off) 4 LED front panel display showing switched sockets on, earth ok, wiring ok and purefilter on.

Both come with inputs and outputs for cable & sat, tv aerial, phone and ethernet, 10 amp circuit breakers and lifetime warranties

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Ive had the belkin pf50 fo a year or so now . It is a big beast but worth every penny and more . I think if you had the money and paid full price you wouldnt be disappointed. Its has a great quality feel to it. The mains lead on this belkin unit would trash the tascima mains conditioner on its own without the unit . As far as improved picture noise and clarity in sound of course i would say it improves performance , but only to my ears-eyes only. BARGAIN

A

Anonymous

Not sure if accurate but still a few left online currently in stock at "cleverboxes" for £44.03 or alternatively the smaller pf30 looks a pretty good buy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts