Looks like a bargain to me, mains filter and surge protector.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

scene

stu31:Not sure if accurate but still a few left online currently in stock at "cleverboxes" for £44.03 or alternatively the smaller pf30 looks a pretty good buy
See my reply on the other thread
emotion-1.gif

If you contact Cleverboxes they'll tell you the PF40 is an obsolete product and shouldn't be listed

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
stu31:Not sure if accurate but still a few left online currently in stock at "cleverboxes" for £44.03 or alternatively the smaller pf30 looks a pretty good buy

Well spotted that fellow!
emotion-21.gif

Sold to the small chap in the white fur coat.
emotion-5.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just seen Scene's last post (hmmm, that's ominous!) Let's see what occurs - their site registered 3 in stock, obsolete or otherwise. I await their contact with interest, following on from the automated order receipt message.

Watch this space...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
stu31:Gerrardasnails:matengawhat:
the original post was over 3 weeks old - when posted they had 100 + in stock so these must have been shifting!

they are really good, take up a lot of space and the plugs are low on bottom of unit which is why pushed so far back in my cabinet but can def recommend them

there is a little review in the other thread but to me has def had positive effect on both picture and sound and for that money was a no brainer really

What's the difference between the PF40 and the PF30?

PF40 has 10 sockets 9 at rear 1 at front 4 digital 2 video (always on) 2 video and 1 hi current for amp or sub (these can be switched on/off) Full digital display showing status of switched sockets, incoming voltage, amps being used and wiring healthy.

PF30 has 5 rear sockets 2 video (always on) 2 audio and 1 hi current (again can be switched on/off) 4 LED front panel display showing switched sockets on, earth ok, wiring ok and purefilter on.

Both come with inputs and outputs for cable & sat, tv aerial, phone and ethernet, 10 amp circuit breakers and lifetime warranties

Not sure that I would want the digital cables being connected through the filter. The PF30 could be the one!

scene

ESP2009:
Just seen Scene's last post (hmmm, that's ominous!) Let's see what occurs - their site registered 3 in stock, obsolete or otherwise. I await their contact with interest, following on from the automated order receipt message.

Watch this space...

I wish you the best, I saw the three in stock and went for the "chat online" option during order confirmation... The very nice Amber was the one who told me that it was obsolete...

I just went for it with shop4usb and got the automated reply email which, as I know from previous bitter experience, isn't worth a cent...

A

Anonymous

Check ebay out for the PF30, have seen it real cheap on there! I have the PF40 and got it for around £45 elsewhere and its a beast, real big and built like a tank with a mains lead thats the thickest i have ever seen. Quality bit of kit and i can plug everything into it which is great, the high power bit for my amp is a nice touch as i don't like the idea of something so expensive being plugged straight into the socket on the wall.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Paulthefilmfan:Check ebay out for the PF30, have seen it real cheap on there! I have the PF40 and got it for around £45 elsewhere and its a beast, real big and built like a tank with a mains lead thats the thickest i have ever seen. Quality bit of kit and i can plug everything into it which is great, the high power bit for my amp is a nice touch as i don't like the idea of something so expensive being plugged straight into the socket on the wall.

That's right, rub it in, already!
emotion-4.gif

Nope, I got home and found a personal email from Cleverboxes to regretfully inform me that they didn't have stock.
emotion-6.gif

Oh well, maybe next time around...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
scene:JoelSim:Why is the PF30 only £16 if the PF40 is 'worth' £249?Prices for the PF30 also seem to vary wildly, from £13 to £168!EDIT: To £138 (in stock!)

There are 3 stores on Amazon selling one for under £20.

scene

JoelSim:
scene:JoelSim:Why is the PF30 only £16 if the PF40 is 'worth' £249?Prices for the PF30 also seem to vary wildly, from £13 to £168!EDIT: To £138 (in stock!)

There are 3 stores on Amazon selling one for under £20.

I know, crazy variation in price!

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my from cclonline.com, they have just emailed to tell me they haven't got any stock.

Oh well, I suppose I have saved £45.

scene

SonofSun:
I ordered my from cclonline.com, they have just emailed to tell me they haven't got any stock.

Looks like they've all disappeared
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Try this link in your browser: http://www.it247.com/product/BELPS01L/AP20500UK3M-Belkin-PureAV-Home-Theater-Power-Console-PF30-surge-suppressor.html
This is where i bought mine and the service was top notch, delivery was rapid.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
SonofSun: I ordered my from cclonline.com, they have just emailed to tell me they haven't got any stock.

I ordered one from eshopbrokers.co.uk as they were advetising stock where many other places were stating they had no stock or the product was unavailable. I thought it might be worth trying for £45-ish. I got a phone call today to say that the supplier had got no more stock left, and that he'd e-mail me some alternatives, which he hasn't done. That's two things I've had cancelled today because companies are advertising stock they haven't got when they can't get any more. I can understand a few people being let down because stock has ran out, but not the amount of people that have been. Amazon let me down to after I placed an order for a limited edition item almost 20 days ago - only for them to cancel the order today as the supplier has no stock. Companies shouldn't be allowed to advertise stock of limited edition products when they're relying on the supplier having it, and not holding it in stock themselves. At least the eshopbrokers situation wasn't a limited edition product, but even so, if they have no stock and can't get it, it shouldn't be avertised.

Not a good day!!

scene

ESP2009:
scene:ESP2009:Looks like you got the last one! Doh!!
emotion-6.gif
Sorry my ferrety friend! I am a bit worried, having gone back into the shop4usb site and seeing the "product not found" message, that they've updated their website to remove the item and that I won't get it anyway
emotion-6.gif

I think you may be right - we're too late to the party (once more!)

Had a quick look at the PF30, which is obviously the lesser brother. Too few outputs and none of them digital. I reckon the Tacima is safe for now.

Ooh - I've just had an email from Shop4USB and my order has been updated to "Processing" - so not rejected out of hand (yet) - here's hoping...
emotion-1.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
scene:ESP2009:

scene:ESP2009:Looks like you got the last one! Doh!!
emotion-6.gif
Sorry my ferrety friend! I am a bit worried, having gone back into the shop4usb site and seeing the "product not found" message, that they've updated their website to remove the item and that I won't get it anyway
emotion-6.gif

I think you may be right - we're too late to the party (once more!)

Had a quick look at the PF30, which is obviously the lesser brother. Too few outputs and none of them digital. I reckon the Tacima is safe for now.

Ooh - I've just had an email from Shop4USB and my order has been updated to "Processing" - so not rejected out of hand (yet) - here's hoping...
emotion-1.gif

In the absence of a 'fingers-crossed' smiley icon...
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

hahahahahahahah. Mains filter!! hahahahahah Surge protector! hahahahahaha

Oh dear.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
scene:Order has been cancelled and the money refunded
emotion-9.gif

and the pf30 is just too small for the number of devices I've got...

Oh, shame - almost inevitable though. I know what you mean about the PF30, pity there's not a PF35, eh?
emotion-1.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
There is a device that should, in theory, do the same job and looks much cooler. It's called a power sub-station. That it is also included in your electricity supply is a bonus plus it's tucked away in the landscape so does'nt interfere with your interior. Admittedly, choice of colour is limited.

Joking aside, these boxes look very cheap (discounted) but are really only a bargain if you actually need one. I use a tacima and can attest that it can make a difference, for better or worse so I wouldn't discount them as rubbish plus having a read-out of your supply is kind of ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts