Looking for system synergy.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
As you can see my set-up below. I am looking for system synergy for my neat speakers. I have been told that Naim would be the best ie: replace the kandy LIII with a naim pre & power. But what about my arcam cdp? change it for a naim too? How much more would I expect to gain by making all these changes....essentially it's a total system change! also, there is so many naim kit to choose from. Any help would be grateful.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
you seem to be unhappy with your system and keep trying to change things to get the sound you like from memory unhappy with high frequencies - why don't you bite the bullet and demo some other speakers against the neats and perhaps sell them - they have very good residual value

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Fully agree with that comment.

The Kandy LIII amp is a superb amp for it money and the Arcam CDP is still brilliant! It's a CDp I'd have at the drop of a hat at anytime!

As Matenga said; have a nosey at other speakers and see how you go from there.

M/A GS10's orr B&W CM5's would be my choice to begin with

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I think you should take your kit to a dealer, explain your problem and then listen to a number of things. Buying a new £2k system could be money really well spent or really badly spent. Set aside a couple of hours and don't let anyone talk you into anything, only your ears can decide. I think the problem is either your amp or speakers, or possibly a combination of both.

You have to audition.

A

Anonymous

I demo'd the Neats with a Kandy K2 and I found it too bright, and your amp is certainly more forward. I would get a home demo of a warmer amp if you like the speakers (they certainly are Neat).

Otherwise get rid of the speakers as there is certainly nothing wrong with the amp.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You should at least try and get to hear a Nait 5i/CD5i with your speakers.

Too many people have noted the Naim/Neat synergy to be a coincidence.

You may find a good deal. (Ex-dem, used + guaranteed from a dealer etc.)

I did.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if you guys have seen my previous posts regarding my new purchases of chord epic speaker cable and Project TT turntable. The speaker cable has made such a huge difference and it is not like I am unhappy with the sound now (the TT is amazing). I just believe I can fine tune it to a point where it's what I want in the long run. I like the looks of the Naim kit & definitely want to try these together with the neats. My local dealer has advised me that he will be glad to let me have a home demo with my speakers. I think I will try that route first before thinking about changing speakers. Thanks for your suggestions fellas :)

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
gbhsi1:Not sure if you guys have seen my previous posts regarding my new purchases of chord epic speaker cable...

Hi gbhsi...can you give us a little review of the Chord Epic cable? What did you have before? How is the new cable different? Likes/dislikes?

Really appreciate any comments you might have.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

if you can travel ~ take a trip to Audio Designs in Eastgrinstead, Sussex.

Listen to Naim or Linn (similar in sound) you wont be disappointed. Avoid Integrated if you can afford it, it will pay off. Also look at your interconnects they can have a huge affect on sound and dynamic space. Try to spend as much as you can on interconnects!

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jaxwired,

I had chord silverscreen bi-wire...but I have tried many before that. The epic increased the soundstage greatly, I can now finally pick off the instruments one by one. The detail is just brilliant. It's a powerful cable, the lows are deep but tight. The highs a crisp and dripping with detail. The best money I have spent on a cable. You have to hear it to believe it. It is getting even better day by day and soon it will be settled down! highly recommended

T

the record spot

JoelSim's nailed it really, as have you with the overall synergy.

You might be very surprised; I guess I would check out some reviews on kit (not just WHFS&V, not all of the reviews in the mag go into a huge amount of detail and miss out on some info that might be useful) that falls in with the kind of sound you are looking for, shortlist a handful and book some time or maybe try and get a home loan demo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts