Looking for recommendations - analogue interconnects

Toon

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I recently added a Roksan Caspian M2 Power Amp to my Roksan Caspian M2 Integrated Amp rig to bi-amp. Loving the experience so far. I currently have them connected with a set of Chord Crimson 2 interconnects but wish to upgrade to a set more in keeping with the £4,000 rig.

What would you recommend for a £100/£200/£300 price point?

Rest of rig is LP12/Caspian M2 CD/Audiolab 8000T/Lingo/Linto/PMC Twenty 23/Chord Epic Reference speaker cable/Linn Silver XLR between CD and Amp/Chord Chorus Reference between Linto and Caspian M2.

Thanks in advance

John

A

Anderson

I would recommend that you keep the cable you already have. There's no point spending more money. Use your money to buy music.

If you're aware that cables don't make a meaningful difference to the sound but just want something more bling then I recommend Audioquest Fire, at a smidge over £4000 they look really bling and will have the benefit of not sounding anything different to what you've got.

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9454#.VKKFTAI8IE

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have been through quite a few chord interconnects and found the crimson terrible to be honest. Dull, harsh and lacking. It will be worth you trying others out

Up the range chorus and cadenza are much better and are worth trying out - if they are not too expensive

Different options Telerium Q Black or Graham Slee Lautus or Atlas seems to get good reviews on here, the pair of Atlas I tried I didnt get on with but they were budget ones but as you are already all chord i dare say you will go there.

As you already have chorus I am surprised you didnt instantly get them

Avalon1

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I would welcome your thoughts on this, too. I'd like to upgrade my interconnects on my system which includes Simaudio integrated amp and cd player and JM Focal Electra 926 speakers. I'm currently using Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling X2 interconnects, and want to upgrade to allow for more openness, neutrality and detail. I'm looking at QED Reference 40 and Atlas Equator MKIII or Hyper. If anyone has any experience with these...or has any recommendations, I would be most appreciative. Thank you.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Anderson

They make little to zero difference. It's all in the mind.
I used Van Damme XLR cables at £16 a pair on my Lyngdorf amp way back when...perfect and audibly identical to any at £300 or more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts