Looking for an HC amp for my Q Acoustics 2050i

Hello everyone,

I would like some advice regarding amps. I have to admit I'm a noob in the Hi-Fi world but a friend of mine got me into it.

I recently bought a pair of Q Acoustics 2050i for a good price and I'm now looking for a suitable amp.

I first looked into stereo amps but eventually changed my mind, wanting to futureproof my setup.

I'm looking for an amp that would support 5.1 home cinema (I might buy a sub and the other 3 speakers in a year or two), have wireless connection (bluetooth), be good for music and movies, and of course suit my 2050i the best.

I have a budget of 300-400$.

I have looked into Yamaha, Sony or Harman Kardon amps, but there are so many different models ! (I'm open to other brands)

Please help a noob get the most out of all this !

Thanks

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Gwenael, the best compromise if funds are tight (unless you look at 2nd hand stuff) would be a av receiver - something like the Sony STRN1050, or Yamaha RXV677, or Onkyo TXNR636.

Unless someone can give a personal recommendation, I would advise you to look around at what amps are being offered at the top of your budget, check the specifications are what you need, and read all the reviews you can find.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
In the price range you're looking at, I'd avoid looking at current year models. Try looking for last year's models that will be heavily discounted: that way you'll buy a machine with better quality components for the same price.

For example, in the UK the Pioneer VSX924 was originally £350 but if around £225 now. Its replacement the VSX930 is £500. Similarly the next model up, the former year's model the SC2024 is around £400, but was originally a £600 machine.

Similar savings can be had with comparative Yamaha or Sony equivalents.

At this point in the market, big gains in sound quality can be had from the next level up, so by making your budget go further by buying last year's model is the way to go.

The only exception to this is if you really must have a 4k in which case your receiver needs to be HDCP 2.2 compliant. This will force you into solely looking at the very latest models.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts