Looking for a new amp and speakers e.g. Rotel RA-11 and Dali

Senapssill

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm looking to buy a new stereo system since my current one is giving up on me. I want a small integrated amplier, e.g. a Rotel RA-11. The integrated DAC interests me since I mostly use digital sources. I'm also looking at a RA-10 with an external DAC. Other suggestions are welcome of course.

I want to pair the amp with a pair of Dali Zensor bookshelves to perhaps upgrade to bookshelf B&W or Ino Audio speakers later on.

My current setup is a NAD C320BEE, a broken CD player from the same manufacturer and a pair of floor standing B&W DM 300 series. The speakers are broken too and I believe it's the tweeters.

So, is the Rotel and Dalis a good match, and is Rotel a good amp to build on? What changes in sound do you believe I will experience from my current setup (when it worked)? Thanks.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I used to use a Rotel RA-01 with my Dali Lektor 2's
and found the sound a tad bright and sibelent.
I posted here a few times for help resolving it.

Both very good products with good reviews but with the amp sounding on the neutral side and the Lektors a little forward in their sound, this amounted to an overly bright sound.

I'd imagine the RA-11 would have similar sonic characteristics.
Zensors 1's are excellent speakers for the money but may be suited better to something like the Marantz PM6004.
My experience is with the Lektors though and the Zensors may be ok with the Rotel.
Worth a listen if possible.
Rotel and B&W are known to work well together.

matthewpiano

Firstly if you can stretch to the Dali Zensor 3s, instead of the 1s, you won't need to upgrade to B&W 685s later because the Zensor 3s are better. Equal in terms of scale and detail but better and more stable soundstaging and a much more natural sound, better suited to lengthy listening sessions.

There are lots of good budget amps about so try to listen to a few. IMO the Yamaha A-S500, Denon PMA720AE, and Marantz PM6004 offer spectacular value for money but the Rotels and NADs are well worth trying.

Senapssill

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Good advices, thanks. I'll try to listen to those. The biggest problem though is that the market over here are divided by exclusive retail deals so all combos are not possible to arrange in stores. I would appreciate if you can specify signatures of these amps, bright, neutral, warm etc. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts