Looking for a mellower sound

Goldsmith

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Would you term Marantz PM6002 amp sound as bright? It is rather difficult for me to play cd5001/pm6002 with jamo c-405 floorstanders for a long time beyond 9 o clock level.Sound is clear but sharp to my ears, what tweakery do you suggest to have a softer sound so I could go louder? thanks

BronC

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
(Opening up a can of worms) - try different speaker cables. Some like Tellorium Q make music mor mellow to some ears

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
First port of call. If you have your speakers aiming at you shift em so they are firing straight down /across the room. Hows your room for furniture etc. Minimalist ? Ooh not good for starters if thats the case. Get a load of cushions and chuck them around , have a play.

Mucking around with cables is the road to ruin in my opinion.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
I've made some room for you in my bucket Cno. Oh yeah and a crate of the Black stuff !!. We may need it if this thread goes down cable alley.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
floyd droid said:
I've made some room for you in my bucket Cno. Oh yeah and a crate of the Black stuff !!. We may need it if this thread goes down cable alley.

As long as there's not a hole in it......Dear Liza.....what a waste of Guinness that would be! :twisted:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts