Long power cable from ebay

gasolin

I want some longer power mains,cable so i can connect my yamah HS7 to my power conditioner,power block or what ever you call it, it's something equal to the Lindy 6-way, supra MD-06, Tacima CS929 reviewed by whathifi (just a bit more expence when i bought it about 10 years ago).

I found this on ebay in the length i think i need and the price seems to good to be true (free shipping)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Grade-Hi-end-Hifi-Audio-Power-Cable-Cord-EU-Plug-1m-1-5m-2m-3m/122263449719?hash=item1c77783077:m:mx4tu_4N7GCAkgClAxAvRXg

Do any have experience with cheap power cable or even the cable from ebay?

Something like clearer audio alpha one is cheap but the price doubles when i want 3 meters instead of the 1 meter that is included in the £39 it costs

Another suggestion for some cheap power mains would be velcome, i want somnething longer but i do hope the cable it self wil give a sound improvement (i don't expect much) and i would like something with faster delivery than 3-7 weeks

D

Deleted member 160668

If you do buy it I’d be interested in your thoughts if it’s any good.

RA kimber + Tacima made a massive difference to sound in my old flat. Now moved. Still got the Tacima but on bog standard kettle leads and thinking about a switch up.

gasolin

I have this power distributor and it's good (made in denmark), just wanted something slight better beside longer, 79£ for one cable (3 meter)is just to much.

1861_1413_org_1399475688.jpg

gasolin

Electro said:
Mark Grant makes some reasonably priced quality mains cables .

https://markgrant.co.uk/80-mains-power-cables

Over 60£ is not cheap for one cabel,speaker, i would pay more than 20£,€ but not 100£,€ for a pair (that's why i tried ebay) i can get 1x3 meter supra cable or 2 of those from ebay, i need 2.

I can buy a pair now, wait until i have payed my bills next month or wait the 30 day's until my return periode for the speakers end, standard quality cost less than 10£ pr cable (must be able to find something a class or 2 better for not much more) https://www.amazon.co.uk/DabbersIT-Kettle-Computer-Power-Cable/dp/B01MV29JD1/ref=lp_407733031_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1516477197&sr=1-1

I need something like this just better than standard quality

VG6z3U7L6q_RB-299A.jpg

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
A lot of chinese stuff has no or little quality control and you will have no warranties, buying on auction sites you have even less rights.

Pro audio store or electrical wholesaler I would buy from.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Agree with the others: buy mains cables from a shop so you know they've passed the appropriate safety standards. Keep away from boutique hifi suppliers. Unless you live in a desert you must have a shop somewhere locally that sells general electrial supplies such as mains cables. The IEC kettle lead used by the HS7 is one of the most common mains cables in the world.

gasolin

Im not saying im gonna by the one from ebay (hate long delivery time), i don't need to.

Just a random cheap cable 5£ (uk,not euro plug) https://www.amazon.co.uk/C2G-Power-Cord-IEC320C13-1363/dp/B002CZQ3GG/ref=sr_1_83?ie=UTF8&qid=1516567879&sr=8-83&keywords=3+meter+power+cable

chepaest high grade fare from standard black power cable https://www.futureshop.co.uk/the-copper-line-alpha-one-mains-power-cable

If i want 3 meters the price increases from 39 to 79£.

What i want (if possibel) is a cable above standard quality, but i don't what to buy some of the clearer alpha one or the one supra makes, since 3 meter is very expensive.

It's like theres almost no cable in between the cheap 5£ black kettle led and the 40-80£ from clearar audio,supra,audioquest......... (even those for 25-30€ (oehlbach) looks like standard black cable with no shielding).

Have the clearer alpha one for my cdplayer (not to expensive since i don't need 3 meters), i fell it gives better sound quality and using my power distributor also gives increases the sound quality (notice i don't say how much, just that it give's better sound quality).

gasolin

Is thickness important like speaker cable?

Im trying to deside between these two

https://shop.klotz-ais.com/36231-pie-si.html 3x1.0 mm2 cheapest

https://procab.be/products/d/cab490---power-cable---schuko-male---euro-power-female---pvc-lead---3-x-1-5-mm2 3 x 1.5 mm2

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
CE isn't equivalent of UL or German GS etc. It's a manufacturer self assigned label. EU has a set of standards and manufacturer will tack a CE mark if they consider the equipment has satisfied these. There's no objective testing by independant lab done. So if no one reports a non-conforming product to god knows what EUSSR bureau, it may remain on the market indefinitely.

Also there are plenty fake CE marks from China, where they make the spacing between the CE letters smaller or bigger to impersonate it, but not violate.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
gasolin said:
Is thickness important like speaker cable?
If you use a cable which can't handle the current-demand of the device it's powering, most definitely yes. But otherwise, no. But as you appear to be someone who feels mains cables impact the sound quality of something (as per your previous post), then you've already got your answer.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Yamaha HS7 has a power consumption of 55W per monitor. A human hair will do the job.

Why are you buying aftermarket 'audiophile' cables for studio monitors? *wacko* Kinda conflicting philosophies going on there.

gasolin

My interconnects are from klotz but i chose the slightly thicker power cable from procab

I think power cable can change the sound and if any of the cable could, the thicker cable would be the most likely to have an effect on the sound, since both seems to be quality cables.

gasolin

Vladimir said:
Yamaha HS7 has a power consumption of 55W per monitor. A human hair will do the job.

Why are you buying aftermarket 'audiophile' cables for studio monitors? *wacko* Kinda conflicting philosophies going on there.

Audiophile?

The one i needed rca to trs,jack or xlr (klotz) was a fairly unexpensive cable

The power cable(s) i bought only costs double of a good 3x1.0 mm power cable (not the ultra budget) and slightly thicker

As fare as i remeber Klotz and procab doesn't make "audiophile" cable all they make is pro cable for music production,for studio monitors,mixer,mic's.............. from cheap to expensive.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I was refering to the power cord in the original post and those recommended after. These are pretty good choice and sanely priced.

gasolin

Vladimir said:
I was refering to the power cord in the original post and those recommended after. These are pretty good choice and sanely priced.

Oh.

Could have bought the ones from Klotz, i like to buy better than standard quality (both may be that), if i have to upgrade something i often want it to be slightly different,not just longer (in this case), that's why i chose the thicker cable (stock cable is 1.0mm)

When i needed new ethernet cable i bought cat 6 insted of cat 5 or cat 5e, last time i upgraded speaker cable i think it was from 2.5mm speaker cable to 6.0mm, just to get something that is a little bit different,above standard quality,specs less than 10€ in difference, that's not much considering it's thicker.

Where i live the Klotz power cable costs 12€ (from my local shop) as i remember i couldn't buy directly from there website.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Some time ago on gearslutz I read that the difference between a $5 regular computer cable and $25 branded 'touring grade' professional one is a more pliable plastic so it doesn't break too easy from constant handling and kinks. Everything else is the same and it's made in the same chinese factory regardless what the name plate says.

The power cables I got with these JBLs are stupid stiff, but I can't be bothered to change them. However, I did invest in pro grade balanced cables just for fucks sake, price was the same as quality unbalanced patch cables anyway. And indeed the cables are so pliable and jiggly, almost spaghetti like.

Thickness is irrelevant in any scenario. It's audiofoolery.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
gasolin said:
Is thickness important like speaker cable?

Im trying to deside between these two 

https://shop.klotz-ais.com/36231-pie-si.html 3x1.0 mm2 cheapest

https://procab.be/products/d/cab490---power-cable---schuko-male---euro-power-female---pvc-lead---3-x-1-5-mm2 3 x 1.5 mm2

Otherwise expensive power cable makers would have no customers lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts