Listening quirks.

Settee is in the sonic sweet spot. I've taken to listening with both palms flat on the surface when I am listening properly. Lower bass is as much felt as heard, and it definitely adds an extra dimension - particularly when reasonably loud. Feeling the kick of a drum and the subtleties of a good bass line helps me get lost in what I am listening to. Do you have any listening quirks?

This probably sounds weird...

For me, lights off, and everything else silent. I’ve touched on this before in various places, but if you can focus on the music and put the boundaries of your room completely out of your mind, you suddenly have a massive soundstage which is bigger than your room. Also, once You can ignore the fact the sound is coming from two points, you suddenly have full three dimensionality, extending much deeper than your room.
So basically it’s darkness, eyes closed, ignore everything except the music - if you have sight of the speakers and room walls, your mind tends to place those restrictions on what you’re hearing.

Reactions: insider9

Leon Martin

Mar 19, 2020
Visit site
The sweet spot for my speakers according to Dali is 18” or so in front of my sofa. When it’s time for some listening I stack two cushions on the floor and sit on those.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Cocktail Audio X10 playing through BX1 Monitor Audio in my kitchen, I feel lucky because I never had marked 'room issues' with the sound. The sound dispersion seems quite wide in the kitchen, so there is no crucial 'Sweet spot' which would limit my positioning in the kitchen to hear the best of the system. Often I do washing up and get a lovely balanced sound from this system.

I have a Cocktail Audio X10 playing through BX1 Monitor Audio in my kitchen, I feel lucky because I never had marked 'room issues' with the sound. The sound dispersion seems quite wide in the kitchen, so there is no crucial 'Sweet spot' which would limit my positioning in the kitchen to hear the best of the system. Often I do washing up and get a lovely balanced sound from this system.

If you are looking to get the best stereo image, every system has a sweet spot - I'm not talking about tonal balance etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts