natural vibrations

nutterjay

Mar 1, 2022
Visit site
0 Comments

hi my name is michael i have been interested in sound since "so i,ve been told" about the age of 2 and am now 62 . At college i took a course in electronics , communications and engineering and my self project was to make a pair of glass speakers all done and good . my first introduction to the beauty of sound was at college when in a room with 17 other students we were presented with four speakers in frames "no baffle board and no enclosures" each speaker was attached in the frame by springs to each corner of the square metal frame , the 4 drivers were then connected to four quad 50e monoblock amps . we all sat in the middle of the setup and were told the program that we were going to listen to was flight and if we wanted we could close our eyes for a different experience , it was amazing it was humming birds flying around a flower and literally felt as if they were flying around us even down too the point that you imagined wind from their wings . as i grew older i went through hifi battles with friends and went through loads of equipment " and i mean loads" hi end and low end from 1w too 3000w and in my dj years 25k like the system in "pasha" . but could never get the college experience out of my mind . Researching vibration has been an at least 30yr study as it involves everything and i really mean everything and my study is nowhere near finished but the result so far has ended in a beautiful sounding pair of flat response speakers that i have rated at 500w even though they capable of reaching higher wattage,"if wattage is a thing" as they are capable of taking 78v , this very important value is not mentioned in most reviews about speakers and amps "output voltage amplifiers, input voltage speakers" ? with that i have also hit a sensitivity rating of 98.4db at 1m at 1w , and because i wanted to test them with any amp the load is 6ohm no crossover and i will explain why in my next notes . The cabinets i have chosen to use are because of the nature of the drivers, i had a pair of laney theater 1200 cabs in which the drivers were fried and then found a pair of JBL bass cabs "from a closing small cinema , and that,s where i started my journey , i new that these cabinets were sound so now it was all about the choice of drivers "this took around a 15 months as i needed sensitivity and quality high quality and the midrange, high/low driver was important . Both cabs held 10" drivers and i went through fifty on test but for my high/midrange\middle low/low i when for 10" eminence hand wound drivers and because they also have a good bass response the next step was choosing a good sub bass unit which is a little harder than you may think , anyway ended up looking at the car sub cine and in the end "and i know your gonna scream" i chose the sony xplod 1000w sub bass driver and as the laney horn tweeters were good and were gentle with the highs i kept them in. " all drivers were tested without a cabinet out doors as this was my flat response area, to get a "natural sound" the drivers have to be tested naturally , if i walk outside the sounds and the vibrations you hear are of a flat nature , walking in the forest , birds , wind, life has its vibrations its weight , so they were tested free standing on a pole to find the sweet spot "the distance between the midrange and the sub" the crossover point between the two units gave me an invisible spearker " as stereo does with the monoarual channel dead centre" . i must say that i am not in anyway a scientist im a normal guy who loves sound and was lucky to be born in the years of the stereo revolution , but i have also played with mono and as with a black and white photo it can blow you away . part 2 soon , thanks for reading

mikejohni99

Apr 21, 2022
Visit site
0 Comments

hi my name is michael i have been interested in sound since "so i,ve been told" about the age of 2 and am now 62 . At college i took a course in electronics , communications and engineering and my self project was to make a pair of glass speakers all done and good . my first introduction to the beauty of sound was at college when in a room with 17 other students we were presented with four speakers in frames "no baffle board and no enclosures" each speaker was attached in the frame by springs to each corner of the square metal frame , the 4 drivers were then connected to four quad 50e monoblock amps . we all sat in the middle of the setup and were told the program that we were going to listen to was flight and if we wanted we could close our eyes for a different experience , it was amazing it was humming birds flying around a flower and literally felt as if they were flying around us even down too the point that you imagined wind from their wings . as i grew older i went through hifi battles with friends and went through loads of equipment " and i mean loads" hi end and low end from 1w too 3000w and in my dj years 25k like the system in "pasha" . but could never get the college experience out of my mind . Researching vibration has been an at least 30yr study as it involves everything and i really mean everything and my study is nowhere near finished but the result so far has ended in a beautiful sounding pair of flat response speakers that i have rated at 500w even though they capable of reaching higher wattage,"if wattage is a thing" as they are capable of taking 78v , this very important value is not mentioned in most reviews about speakers and amps "output voltage amplifiers, input voltage speakers" ? with that i have also hit a sensitivity rating of 98.4db at 1m at 1w , and because i wanted to test them with any amp the load is 6ohm no crossover and i will explain why in my next notes . The cabinets i have chosen to use are because of the nature of the drivers, i had a pair of laney theater 1200 cabs in which the drivers were fried and then found a pair of JBL bass cabs "from a closing small cinema , and that,s where i started my journey , i new that these cabinets were sound so now it was all about the choice of drivers "this took around a 15 months as i needed sensitivity and quality high quality and the midrange, high/low driver was important . Both cabs held 10" drivers and i went through fifty on test but for my high/midrange\middle low/low i when for 10" eminence hand wound drivers and because they also have a good bass response the next step was choosing a good sub bass unit which is a little harder than you may think , anyway ended up looking at the car sub cine and in the end "and i know your gonna scream" i chose the sony xplod 1000w sub bass driver and as the laney horn tweeters were good and were gentle with the highs i kept them in. " all drivers were tested without a cabinet out doors as this was my flat response area Technoblade Merch Shop, to get a "natural sound" the drivers have to be tested naturally , if i walk outside the sounds and the vibrations you hear are of a flat nature , walking in the forest , birds , wind, life has its vibrations its weight , so they were tested free standing on a pole to find the sweet spot "the distance between the midrange and the sub" the crossover point between the two units gave me an invisible spearker " as stereo does with the monoarual channel dead centre" . i must say that i am not in anyway a scientist im a normal guy who loves sound and was lucky to be born in the years of the stereo revolution , but i have also played with mono and as with a black and white photo it can blow you away . part 2 soon , thanks for reading
That's fantastic. It's really valuable advice for my projects.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts