Lip Sync

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I'm aware of issues with certain blu ray discs and lip sync problems ,I have two which have lip sync issues when played through an AVR. Stargate & The Three Musketteers (70's version only certain places during the film)

When the amp was switched off ,and pass through was being used,no lip sync. Should I be using the Yamaha option to address this?,it seems like I will have to reset after watching ,for viewing the films which are not affected .

Thank you

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

The default setting on the receiver is AUTO,this works fine with 99.9% of the Blu Ray collection .With Manual you need to adjust the delay + or -

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
near dark said:
Hi,

The default setting on the receiver is AUTO,this works fine with 99.9% of the Blu Ray collection .With Manual you need to adjust the delay + or -

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Is the audio output on your BD player set to Bitstream or PCM? I don't recal the lip sync being out on Stargate (the movie I guess you mean) when I watched it but I only watched the Theatrical version. Which version of the film is the lip sync issue on and is it throughout the whole feature?

I would try taking the sync function on your ARV off auto and leavi it nuetral and see if that makes any difference.

It might be a compatibility issue with your player or the AVR as I can't believe they would have let the disc through with the main audio out of sync. Also is the more than one English audio stream on the disc?

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
near dark said:
Hi,

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Thanks again. Yes,it is th movie ,and its the directors cut (the whole film) . I havent viewed the Theatrical version. I will try again .The Blu Ray is set to Bitstream .

Will also play with the AVR settings ,and the disc audio settings

Thank you

Is the audio output on your BD player set to Bitstream or PCM? I don't recal the lip sync being out on Stargate (the movie I guess you mean) when I watched it but I only watched the Theatrical version. Which version of the film is the lip sync issue on and is it throughout the whole feature?

I would try taking the sync function on your ARV off auto and leavi it nuetral and see if that makes any difference.

It might be a compatibility issue with your player or the AVR as I can't believe they would have let the disc through with the main audio out of sync. Also is the more than one English audio stream on the disc?

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I can not see my reply to you from yesterday ?

The Blu Ray is set to Bitstream,and it is Stargate The Movie.

I have watched the extended cut,will try the original version .

Thank you

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
near dark said:
Hi,

I can not see my reply to you from yesterday ?

The Blu Ray is set to Bitstream,and it is Stargate The Movie.

I have watched the extended cut,will try the original version .

Thank you

I put my BD disc in and have checked both the Theatrical and Directors cut of the film. It all seems in sync at my end.

Can you give me any specific time codes when the sync is at it's worst? Are you aware that most of the dialogue is replaced in post production in films and at times it can look a little loose though I'm not saying you aren't seeing the film out of sync on your set up.

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply,I could not access this forum until today ?

I cant recall a specific time when the film is at its worst.It just seems the audio is slighly lagging the video .....

It the same with or without the AVR.

I have updated both devices firmware

Shame really,its one of my favs

Thank you

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi near dark, not a problem. Well at least you can rule out AVR as the problem.

Have you checked all the settings in you player? Also try some different HDMI cables.

It's a shame no one else has replied as just me checking the Stargate BD on my set up isn't really enough. I'm pretty sure it won't be the disc. You could try borrowing another player or taking the BD round a friends house as it's sounding like it's just your BD player and there is a compatibility issue. Especially if all your other BDs are fine.

Where do you live if you don't mind my asking?

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have checked all the settings,changed leads etc,still slightly out of sync.

I havent checked the disc on another make of player,will try this afternoon

I live in Bristol

Thanks again

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Well if it's in sync on a different player then you know it's just a compatability issue with your player. You might be able to send the disc to the manufacturers (if they don't already have a copy) to see if they can get round the problem and issue a new firmware update to fix it.

I wonder if anyone else has the same player as you and if they can confirm if the same disc is out of sync on their's too.

Ah Bristol is only a couple o hours from me. I was going to offer to see if I could come and help you get round the problem and get you enjoying one of your favourit films.

If it is just the player, see how you get on with contacting the manufacturer first, then it's up to you.

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
Well if it's in sync on a different player then you know it's just a compatability issue with your player. You might be able to send the disc to the manufacturers (if they don't already have a copy) to see if they can get round the problem and issue a new firmware update to fix it.

I wonder if anyone else has the same player as you and if they can confirm if the same disc is out of sync on their's too.

Ah Bristol is only a couple o hours from me. I was going to offer to see if I could come and help you get round the problem and get you enjoying one of your favourit films.

If it is just the player, see how you get on with contacting the manufacturer first, then it's up to you.

Hi ,Thanks again for the help,and the offer to assist if local.

I will contact SONY ,and see if they respond . I still havent tested on another machine,will try sometime this week. It cold be the SONY ,I used to have a Panasonic Blu Ray,this was worse then the SONY for liy-sync issues ,even after an update.

My tests continue :)

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts