Linn LP12

penny765

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if any owner of a Linn LP12 can help ? I bought an LP12 cheaply from a guy ages ago who was selling up and moving. I have finally set it up and it is fine. However, and this is the idiot question: The lid has no hinges, so I bought a pair on ebay. I find the hinge is a very loose fit in the aperture at the rear of the turntable unit. Presumably there is some kind of additional clip or bracket to retain the hinge. I don't have a friendly local hi fi shop to ask for advice. Also, although the springs on the hinges are strong, they don't seem to have enough to hold the lid in the up position.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Last time I needed a hinge for my LP12 I bought it off a dealer. Prices were lower than anything I could find on ebay. You need both hinges to be working properly for the lid to stay up. If the lid isn't staying up then one or both hinges are useless. The hinges do just drop into the hinge brackets at the back of the LP12 in a slightly loose fit. No need to screw them in or anything.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The Linn forums are great places for advice on technical details on Linn products, such as LP12 hinges. They are a terrible place for advice on other hi-fi matters, such as "I have £x. What should I buy?". You will get better balanced buying advice from other forums, such as this one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts