Lifestyle loudspeaker for living room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to buy my first hi-fi speaker, but my room is small - 18 sq.m and I have not place for big box speaker system. I know that some audio company sell on-wall loudspeakers on market, for example B&W FPM2 or Canton GLE410. Can you advice me great on-wall loudspeakers and is sound from on-all much worse from normal speaker like Wharfedale 10.1 for example. My budget is 600 pound.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I am not sure if you 'need' them flat like the FPM - but I have B&W XT2's for my surround system and they work fine for stereo too.

You may be able to find a pair, although I think they recently stopped doing them - I got mine form Sevenoaks Hi-Fi .......

A

Anonymous

by bose (cube speakers) and similar by Tannoy and a few other makers

add a small subwoofer and they don't sound too bad

T

the record spot

I think Mission in the past and Wharfedale too have done some NXT speakers which apparently sound very good. Think you'd be lucky to find a pair just now, but you never know. They never really took off in the popularity stakes, but worth hunting around for them. True flat-panels that you stuck up on the wall. Can't recall the original RRP, but £250 rings a bell, so should be in your price range if you find some.

T

the record spot

Incidentally, Monitor Audio Radius speakers are quite slim designs, aimed at the Home Cinema market, so you'd have floorstanding models but not as big a footprint as something heftier. Maybe a bit of a halfway house?

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:

by bose (cube speakers) and similar by Tannoy and a few other makers

add a small subwoofer and they don't sound too bad

You're lucky that you're not on an American HiFi forum... Else you'd be taken out back and beaten for suggesting Bose...

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:Incidentally, Monitor Audio Radius speakers are quite slim designs, aimed at the Home Cinema market, so you'd have floorstanding models but not as big a footprint as something heftier. Maybe a bit of a halfway house?

MA Radius would be my first choice as well...

A

Anonymous

Ajani:dim_span:

You're lucky that you're not on an American HiFi forum... Else you'd be taken out back and beaten for suggesting Bose...

have heard these with a subwoofer and can say that I was pleasantly surprised considering their size

A

Anonymous

Thank you and all who replies with advice. I have just reviewed MA Radius and B&W XT2. I like MA Radius look. I think I will start with MA R90HD speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts