LGCX or C1?

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I am about to upgrade my 2 year old Samsung QLED 90 and will go the OLED route for a change.

There is currently a £500 difference between the C1 and CX. The only other things I will connect are a PS5 and active speakers.

I have watched a few YT vids and most seem to point to the new C1, no surprise there. I keep tvs for a couple of years so even the CX will still be supported, just.

Do you have any thoughts?

D

Deleted member 2457

I am about to upgrade my 2 year old Samsung QLED 90 and will go the OLED route for a change.

There is currently a £500 difference between the C1 and CX. The only other things I will connect are a PS5 and active speakers.

I have watched a few YT vids and most seem to point to the new C1, no surprise there. I keep tvs for a couple of years so even the CX will still be supported, just.

Do you have any thoughts?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SdhfbAcqPs&t=2s

How are you also getting on with your B&W Formation Duo speakers mate?

Reactions: RoA

manicm

I was thinking of getting the Sony X90J, but don’t quite trust Sony usability - their 4K disc players suck in this department for example, but now am drawn to the LG C1 for three reasons;

1. Price - cheaper than the X90J, and even cheaper if I choose the CX.

2. Usability - unlike their disc players - will the Sony automatically identify Dolby Vision/Atmos content?

3. I might choose the CX over the C1! Only concern is firmware updates for gaming, as I might have no choice but to get my first console for kiddo and maybe myself too - up to now PC has done game duty.

manicm

WHF have reported one reason why you may want the C1 instead of the CX. If gaming is important to you LG will or may already included support for 4K/120hz with Dolby Vision active. They specifically mention support for the C1 but not the CX.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts