LG 55EF950V versus LG OLED55B6V

saintoid

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey folks, long time viewer and occasional contibutor(had to create a new account for this post though!) I was looking for opinions on the LG 55EF950V (2015 model) versus LG OLED55B6V (new model) as the 2015 model is available for approx £1700 whereas the new model is £2300 or so. I've reviewed the specifications on the LG website using their compare models function which appears to be pitched at feature level rather than technical detail. The main differences I can see is that the 2015 model 55EF950V has 3D but the new OLED55B6V016 entry level does not, to get 3D in the new range you'd have to go spend £3000 which is just too expensive for me justify the outlay. The speaker spec for the 2015 model is not as impressive, but I'm not too worried as I use an external surround sound set up. Given all this, just checking wheteher I'm missing a fundamental difference between the outgoing and incoming model as I'm swaying towards the older cheaper LG 55EF950V. Looking for any thoughts and input from owners of either or both and indeed anyone who has done a more indepth comparison between the two. Thanks in advance M

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
saintoid said:
Hey folks, long time viewer and occasional contibutor(had to create a new account for this post though!) I was looking for opinions on the LG 55EF950V (2015 model) versus LG OLED55B6V (new model) as the 2015 model is available for approx £1700 whereas the new model is £2300 or so. I've reviewed the specifications on the LG website using their compare models function which appears to be pitched at feature level rather than technical detail. The main differences I can see is that the 2015 model 55EF950V has 3D but the new OLED55B6V016 entry level does not, to get 3D in the new range you'd have to go spend £3000 which is just too expensive for me justify the outlay. The speaker spec for the 2015 model is not as impressive, but I'm not too worried as I use an external surround sound set up. Given all this, just checking wheteher I'm missing a fundamental difference between the outgoing and incoming model as I'm swaying towards the older cheaper LG 55EF950V. Looking for any thoughts and input from owners of either or both and indeed anyone who has done a more indepth comparison between the two. Thanks in advance M
the 950 had lots of problems with banding and dark edges,the 2016 models are a big improvement,i see none of these issues on my b6,the new sets are brighter and definitely worth the extra.

D

Deleted member 2457

his dudeness said:
saintoid said:
the 950 had lots of problems with banding and dark edges,the 2016 models are a big improvement,i see none of these issues on my b6,the new sets are brighter and definitely worth the extra.
Agreed. Better contrast for sure.

saintoid

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses, it wouldseem the 55EF950V is perhaps not real in terms of available stock anyway. Your dudeness, the B6 is probably what I'll go for and one retailer is offering a free LG soundbar which can be utilised when I transfer my old tv to my man cave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts