LG 55ec930v review from Techradar

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Can't link but gets 4 stars and says the out of box settings are pretty spot on - no way are they! Even the users on AV Forums say they are horrible. Another duff review!

D

Deleted member 2457

his dudeness said:
https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-55ec930v-ec930-curved-full-hd-3d-webos-oled-tv-review.10889

bad controls but they rate it a bargain.
Thanks for the link! I just posted my experience with it on AV and I'm waiting for a reply on the comments.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
This seems a decent purchase for consumers who have no interest in calibration.

The review sample's out of the box performance was genuinely excellent. I guess the difficulty lies with variation among sets and environmental factors. If you could replicate the review sample's performance then the 930V seems very good value, especially if the price drops a bit.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
This seems a decent purchase for consumers who have no interest in calibration.

The review sample's out of the box performance was genuinely excellent. I guess the difficulty lies with variation among sets and environmental factors. If you could replicate the review sample's performance then the 930V seems very good value, especially if the price drops a bit.
I can see it going down to £1500.

D

Deleted member 2457

My questions haven't been answered, how rude is that? *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

http://www.onlynew-wholesale.co.uk/product/lg-55ec930v-smart-3d-55-curved-oled-tv/

Not sure what this website is?

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
Am actually looking to buy this tv today.. May be I should wait & see. Its gone down from 3k to 2k. Here in London.
Buy it from John Lewis you can price match up to 30 days after your purchase. You can also return if any problems easily.

D

Deleted member 2457

the king plasma is dead according to Steve Withers.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Have you auditioned the 930, Native_bon?

It might be worth searching for an outgoing 980W; it's a better TV and, if you can find one, it'll probably be cheaper than the 930.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
Have you auditioned the 930, Native_bon?

It might be worth searching for an outgoing 980W; it's a better TV and, if you can find one, it'll probably be cheaper than the 930.
I may have a look a round for the 890W I have seen the 930 & the pictures looked stunning.

D

Deleted member 2457

Interesting that Steve Withers is saying the out of box settings are excellent, that's what I have said about mine all along, and this TV is supposed to be the same as mine. I guess the new one I saw in John Lewis was faulty then, quite a few are reporting problems too though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
I have seen it online from richersounds for £1700.00 Can this be right.. Model number 55EA980W. They closed now will find out tommorow if still avialable.
Yep, is right but might be ex-display. RGBDIRECT have an ex-display one for £1700 too. Mine was ex-display from John Lewis. Currys seem to still have ex-display ones too.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Native_bon said:
I have seen it online from richersounds for £1700.00 Can this be right.. Model number 55EA980W. They closed now will find out tommorow if still avialable.
Yep, is right but might be ex-display. RGBDIRECT have an ex-display one for £1700 too. Mine was ex-display from John Lewis. Currys seem to still have ex-display ones too.
Ok thats fine. Will find out tommorow. But it seems the old version got its problem too. Also am liking the design of the 930v

D

Deleted member 2457

Just demoed again in Currys and that one was really good - no issues.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
the king plasma is dead according to Steve Withers.

I can't see in the AVForums review where Steve Withers explicitly says that plasma is dead?
It was in the comments bit.

TRENDING THREADS