LG 50PX990 or Samsung PS50C7000 or Panasonic TXP50G20

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Panasonic 50VT20 is being returned on Wednesday due to the 50hz motion blurring/ghosting. Now not sure what to get as a replacement, or even whether to wait for next year's models.

Already have a 42G20, which I'm happy with, so I know pretty much what to expect if I bought the 50". Main criteria is 2D PQ from Sky+HD and Blu rays. Not particularly bothered about 3D but, would be an added bonus.

I've read about Samsung owners complaining of fluctuating black levels with the C7000 and LG owners complaining of quality control issues. Also, got a feeling I may be left a bit underwhelmed with black levels from the LG & Samsung.

Going to demo a C7000 but can't find a PX990 locally. Anyone got any recommendations/user feedback? How does LG/Samsung black levels compare with the G20?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Are the moans from C7000 users about black levels UK based or US based? I ask this because the TVs might share the same model number but are differant on both sides of the pond with our C7000 being the US C8000 and their C7000 being our C6900 without the Real Black Filter.

My older Samsung is currently in the sickbay of a warrantry repair agent and if its problems can't be fixed I intend upon replacing it with the C7000 as from the extended deom I had it was very good all round with excellent blacks.

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME:

Are the moans from C7000 users about black levels UK based or US based? I ask this because the TVs might share the same model number but are differant on both sides of the pond with our C7000 being the US C8000 and their C7000 being our C6900 without the Real Black Filter.

My older Samsung is currently in the sickbay of a warrantry repair agent and if its problems can't be fixed I intend upon replacing it with the C7000 as from the extended deom I had it was very good all round with excellent blacks.

UK based, haven't read anything US based.

Really disappointed with the VT20. The PQ is superb except for motion, which is a bit of a problem for TV.

The C7000 sounds like a suitable replacement but as I'm really only interested in getting the best (fault free) 2D PQ, I'm leaning towards the G20.

A

Anonymous

these 50hz motion issues are found in some of the g/v20 sets too.. not just vt sets..

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
pejwright:D.J.KRIME:

Really disappointed with the VT20. The PQ is superb except for motion, which is a bit of a problem for TV.

The C7000 sounds like a suitable replacement but as I'm really only interested in getting the best (fault free) 2D PQ, I'm leaning towards the G20.

The demo I had of the C7000 displayed no issues with motion and I tested 50,60 and 24htz and no issues with judder or unwanted artifacts. I have seen the odd duplication of the center line in football on a VT20 and noticed no such effect on the C7000.

There is a review of the C7000 elsewhere on the net on a UK based site (sorry can't post a link due to house rules) but google PS50C7000 review and you should find it.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:these 50hz motion issues are found in some of the g/v20 sets too.. not just vt sets..

Don't seem to have any 50hz issues with my 42G20. The motion is so much better. It's like night and day. With the VT I constantly felt like I needed glasses to watch it (not that I need glasses) because my eyes couldn't focus with all the blur.

Just boxed the VT back up and brought the G20 downstairs. Whilst the blacks are still great with the G20, I can see the difference the VT filter makes.

A

Anonymous

well its good to hear that you're happy with your g20, many aren't, its sad to say but buying one of this years pana plasmas appears to be a bit of a lottery..

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME:pejwright:D.J.KRIME:

The demo I had of the C7000 displayed no issues with motion and I tested 50,60 and 24htz and no issues with judder or unwanted artifacts. I have seen the odd duplication of the center line in football on a VT20 and noticed no such effect on the C7000.

There is a review of the C7000 elsewhere on the net on a UK based site (sorry can't post a link due to house rules) but google PS50C7000 review and you should find it.

I think I know the review your referring to which is why I was considering it but, reading the user comments on the same website had then put me off a bit.

Saw a C7000 in Currys today but it's almost a complete waste of time looking at sets in there. It was on a wall about 7 feet up and clearly wasn't set up properly, looked completely washed out.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:well its good to hear that you're happy with your g20, many aren't, its sad to say but buying one of this years pana plasmas appears to be a bit of a lottery..

Can't believe that my 4 year old Panasonic 50PX600 which I got rid of handled motion better than this year's top of the range Panny plasma. What were Panasonic thinking of selling a TV in Europe which can't handle 50hz?

A

Anonymous

yea thats very strange ok, how much has it hurt their sales though? i hope enough that they find it in themselves to make euro tv's for the europeans next year, not u.s. tv's for us lot
emotion-8.gif

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I have the px990 which replaced a panasonic 42px60 and I love it. Picture is detailed, motion excellent and whilst I am no expect blacks are fine.

A

Anonymous

clle:I have the px990 which replaced a panasonic 42px60 and I love it. Picture is detailed, motion excellent and whilst I am no expect blacks are fine.

Thanks clle, the difficulty I'm having with the PX990 is finding one locally to demo.

A

Anonymous

I swapped my VT20 for the PS50C7000 and couldn't be happier, so far its been a great TV and at a very good price, black levels are good but not as good as the VT20

A

Anonymous

Are you able to comment on how the blacks compare with a G20? Or how much better they are on the VT20?

TRENDING THREADS