Bottom of the range Panasonic Led TV have more contrast than higher up models.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It is an astonishing fact that the entire top of the range 2013 panasonic Led TV has been seriously compromised using poorly implemented IPS panels.

But one range stands out the TXL50e6b.This baby uses a super MVA panel....similar variant as used in the Sony W905a...and AVforum gave it an Excellent rating for contrast and blackness.Infact this 42 inch 999 pounds TV had a score sheet better than a Sony hx853tv on 2D?? I was shocked and on some diamensions of picture scoring for the panasonic TV,it was approaching 'Reference' territory. Like the Sony W905a it also had a restricted viewing angle....a known trade off...the headline story here is that the Panasonic budget TV makes a mockery of its more expensive higher up models.....this is embarrassing for Panasonic.

Beware of IPS sourced TV panels....Samsung and Sony(not any more) does not use them.They really cannot deliver reference levels blacks and contrast needed for serious Bluray viewing but only give you wider viewing angle.They are very popular for PC/MAC desktop monitor applicaion uses;but it is useless ammunition against plasma panels.A chronic archillies heel for LEDs that needs to end....if Leds are to advance.

Next time any one goes negative on a Tv's use of a panel with tigher viewing angle....think about the Pansonic 2013 Led TV range...a lesson not to be repeated.....Of course Panasonic will blame blame IPS panels they buy from - LG...... It explains why Pansonic never liked big screen LED based TVs and that Plasma panels is the way forward.

.I would never buy a top of the range LED from Panasonic till they switch to better sourced panels - samsung's proprietary Super PVA or Optronics Advance MVA panel..If black levels and contrast is the ultimate benchmark of a TV then beware of the IPS panel variant used......

D

Deleted member 2457

z058261 said:
It is an astonishing fact that the entire top of the range 2013 panasonic Led TV has been seriously compromised using poorly implemented IPS panels.

But one range stands out the TXL50e6b.This baby uses a super MVA panel....similar variant as used in the Sony W905a...and AVforum gave it an Excellent rating for contrast and blackness.Infact this 42 inch 999 pounds TV had a score sheet better than a Sony hx853tv on 2D?? I was shocked and on some diamensions of picture scoring for the panasonic TV,it was approaching 'Reference' territory. Like the Sony W905a it also had a restricted viewing angle....a known trade off...the headline story here is that the Panasonic budget TV makes a mockery of its more expensive higher up models.....this is embarrassing for Panasonic.

Beware of IPS sourced TV panels....Samsung and Sony(not any more) does not use them.They really cannot deliver reference levels blacks and contrast needed for serious Bluray viewing but only give you wider viewing angle.They are very popular for PC/MAC desktop monitor applicaion uses;but it is useless ammunition against plasma panels.A chronic archillies heel for LEDs that needs to end....if Leds are to advance.

Next time any one goes negative on a Tv's use of a panel with tigher viewing angle....think about the Pansonic 2013 Led TV range...a lesson not to be repeated.....Of course Panasonic will blame blame IPS panels they buy from - LG...... It explains why Pansonic never liked big screen LED based TVs and that Plasma panels is the way forward.

.I would never buy a top of the range LED from Panasonic till they switch to better sourced panels - samsung's proprietary Super PVA or Optronics Advance MVA panel..If black levels and contrast is the ultimate benchmark of a TV then beware of the IPS panel variant used......

Where did you get your info from? Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Gel,

i have got a big interest in flat panels as I use a lot of them for professional freelance DTP going back six years, and I have owned the worse and the best from Eizo,Sony,Asus etc on a multiple crossfire and sli set up.

There are only a few factories that make the panels brought by many OEM TV firms.If you recall that clouding backlight mess with the Sonys in 2009, well documented. If a panel has DSE,Blooming,Clouding,Light pooling....TV makers cannot do anything about it or know till they assemble it with the electronic components and even if it was obvious the panels in those Tvs are 'defective' they would not be thrown away as there is no QC on this......it is not even seen a fault. This problem still contnues in 2013......You don't get this mess with plasma panels.

....If you do a bit of investigative digging as no one source will tell you everything then the picture will look clear about why some TVs performed badly on viweing angles and contrast/levels.No LED TV is immuned.There is a reason......buying public need to be aware.

Anyway,If you go into AV forum you will find that they have review three 2013 LED panasonic TVs.Check out all of them incl the TXL50e6b and you see what I mean.They are one of few review sites that goes into revealing the panel types used in the TV and who makes them.

You may want to read up on the varies flat panel technologies in existence whether they are on a smart phone,tablet, monitor or a TV......they are all from the same stockpile.

On a side note,last year I believe that Sony went to Sharp for the resaonably good IPS panel for the HX853 model,but this time I am not sure where they went to but probably Optronic who makes SMVA panels. And what a difference it makes! As the budget Panasonic TV also illustrates backed up with evidence.

Samsung has the exclusve prevelige of developing and maufacturing their own exclusive line of LED panels which Sony and Panasonic doesn't and explains alot!!

D

Deleted member 2457

z058261 said:
Gel,

i have got a big interest in flat panels as I use a lot of them for professional freelance DTP going back six years, and I have owned the worse and the best from Eizo,Sony,Asus etc on a multiple crossfire and sli set up.

There are only a few factories that make the panels brought by many OEM TV firms.If you recall that clouding backlight mess with the Sonys in 2009, well documented. If a panel has DSE,Blooming,Clouding,Light pooling....TV makers cannot do anything about it or know till they assemble it with the electronic components and even if it was obvious the panels in those Tvs are 'defective' they would not be thrown away as there is no QC on this......it is not even seen a fault. This problem still contnues in 2013......You don't get this mess with plasma panels.

....If you do a bit of investigative digging as no one source will tell you everything then the picture will look clear about why some TVs performed badly on viweing angles and contrast/levels.No LED TV is immuned.There is a reason......buying public need to be aware.

Anyway,If you go into AV forum you will find that they have review three 2013 LED panasonic TVs.Check out all of them incl the TXL50e6b and you see what I mean.They are one of few review sites that goes into revealing the panel types used in the TV and who makes them.

You may want to read up on the varies flat panel technologies in existence whether they are on a smart phone,tablet, monitor or a TV......they are all from the same stockpile.

On a side note,last year I believe that Sony went to Sharp for the resaonably good IPS panel for the HX853 model,but this time I am not sure where they went to but probably Optronic who makes SMVA panels. And what a difference it makes! As the budget Panasonic TV also illustrates backed up with evidence.

Samsung has the exclusve prevelige of developing and maufacturing their own exclusive line of LED panels which Sony and Panasonic doesn't and explains alot!!

Yep, LEDs and LCDs are not good at times because of this! Cheers.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
lol.....I have to say regards this topic if Panasonic are using inferior panels compared to Samsung, Sony...etc, their tec must be far superior -with LCD/LED and plasma sets .I install Tivos for a living and the Panasonics have by far the best picture, with Toshiba & Phillips doing good stuff too - Samsungs and Sony sets look great - but the picture they deliver is pretty rubbish. (WHF do lie.....I really believe they do sometimes....lol)

This is from personal experience....I actually bought a telly the other day the Panasonic tx-l47wt50 (original price 2grand!!! - great price from Richer Sound att) - it replaces a 5yr old 32 KDL Sony ( paid more for the Sony) I'd never buy another sony tv and definatly would never buy a samsung. based purely on picture.

The spec sheets mean nothing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts