Lets See all those Vinyl storages spaces !!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
mikeparker59 said:
scene said:
Mine are in a deep Billy (another Ikea fan!) in my study/office - pictures to follow (i've currently got some stuff I'm selling stacked in front of the cupboard!!)

Ikea seem to be winning the day on vinyl storage from what I can see...

Is Vinyl big in Sweden? My modest collection is in an Expedit too, plus some books.

I actually made a back for my Expedit using some left over click together laminated flooring, and velcro to hold it in place. I wasn't keen on the open back nature of the Expedit, but it's such a perfect size for LP's

Pictures, please... 8)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
My vinyl storage is from Ikea too, but mine is Lack in dark brown.

I have four in total (full to the brim), two either side of the tv, and two either side of the sofa which is directly opposite the tv.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigbernardbresslaw/9614724841/

Great to see bookshelf speakers on shelves rather than fugly stands with nekked wires messing things up :)

Looks good.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

How did you do that?
confused.gif

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I have four in total (full to the brim), two either side of the tv, and two either side of the sofa which is directly opposite the tv.

I see you have a lovely 70'ss wall clock. Had one of these myself. Failed a long time ago sadly.

Nice setup, love the vinyl cabinets.

AmigaNut

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

AmigaNut said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I see you have a lovely 70'ss wall clock. Had one of these myself. Failed a long time ago sadly.

AmigaNut

It's a Metamec, bought about 5 years ago. It still works, but I've yet to master the adjuster so it keeps accurate time.
confused.gif

It's currently an hour and a half slow.
smile.png

I really like the Lack cabinets, but Ikea stopped making them a year or two ago. I had a large expedit rack before, but I found the weight of the records tended to bow the shelves, the Lack is much more solid, and in my opinion, stylish.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
The Lack from Ikea is just what I am looking for! I'm just in the process of sorting my room out, new flooring, blinds curtains rugs etc - I am going to resist pics as waiting for my hifi racks podium then all will be revealed - just trying to sort sone minor speaker placement issues out - hopefully Lack filled with records and books will solve this. Watch this space

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
AmigaNut said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

AmigaNut

It's a Metamec, bought about 5 years ago. It still works, but I've yet to master the adjuster so it keeps accurate time.
confused.gif

It's currently an hour and a half slow.

My missus has got one of them, I think she got it from her nan, it doesn't work, it ticks but the hands just go backwards and forwards a couple of minutes around the same point. Metamec are still going though, there's a possibility it could be fixed, I've never been bothered enough to ask though.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
The Lack from Ikea is just what I am looking for! I'm just in the process of sorting my room out, new flooring, blinds curtains rugs etc - I am going to resist pics as waiting for my hifi racks podium then all will be revealed - just trying to sort sone minor speaker placement issues out - hopefully Lack filled with records and books will solve this. Watch this space

Ikea have stopped doing that particular Lack bookshelf Steve, you may find some secondhand on ebay.

You could try this, but not sure if the shelf height is enough for albums. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70116276/#/90116275

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
stevebrock said:

Ikea have stopped doing that particular Lack bookshelf Steve, you may find some secondhand on ebay.

You could try this, but not sure if the shelf height is enough for albums. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70116276/#/90116275

Perfect for vinyl it's the one I've got
IMG_1019.JPG

I've added a back to the unit though using some spare bits of laminate flooring and velcro! I t just doesn't look complete to me being open backed

Pic as per HiFiOutlaw's request, you can just see the back in the top section, where I've removed some books.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
mikeparker59 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
stevebrock said:

IMG_1019.JPG

I've added a back to the unit though using some spare bits of laminate flooring and velcro! I t just doesn't look complete to me being open backed

Pic as per HiFiOutlaw's request, you can just see the back in the top section, where I've removed some books.

It's a very nice hand JOB, let me add!!! :cheer:

Thats why pictures are essential on this thread! To share ideas like yours! :clap:

:cheers:

A

Anonymous

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
mikeparker59 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
stevebrock said:

IMG_1019.JPG

Thats why pictures are essential on this thread! To share ideas like yours! :clap:

Hope that is just a lost in translation :O

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
andybeau said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
mikeparker59 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
stevebrock said:

IMG_1019.JPG

:rofl:

Rightly... :oops:

I meant, Hand labor!

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
andybeau said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
mikeparker59 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
stevebrock said:

IMG_1019.JPG

Still trying to work out what was really meant :doh:

A

Anonymous

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I think he's calling you a wanker.
rofl.gif

Well I think it's something to do with Doing It Yourself anyway :O :silenced: :shhh:

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
andybeau said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I think he's calling you a wanker.
rofl.gif

Well I think it's something to do with Doing It Yourself anyway :O :silenced: :shhh:

I suppose it does firm the structure up a bit :oops:

And helps protect the open ends of the album sleeves from some dust to a certain extent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts