Lets See all those Vinyl storages spaces !!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
When i'm next near an Ikea, Im going to get an Expedit in Gloss White to match my TT.

Whats the concensus about siting your TT on top of an Expedit?

It would free up my Hi fi Rack too so I will be able to site my AV amp and importantly get my TT further away from my speakers.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
8740286775_996e68fe5a_z.jpg

Another Ikea storage idea, these are Billy units which were nice and cheap and they keep all my vinyl (oh and books, CDs, etc.) in one place....unfortunately I have to keep them in the dining room as I just don't have the room at the moment.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
mitch65 said:

Another Ikea storage idea, these are Billy units which were nice and cheap and they keep all my vinyl (oh and books, CDs, etc.) in one place....unfortunately I have to keep them in the dining room as I just don't have the room at the moment.

Thats what i'm talking about !!! Nice storage! 8)

Thanks for sharing!

:cheers:

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
mitch65 said:

Greg, I see you are heavily into plastic outer sleeves; which do you purchase? Would you recommend them?

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Ifor

Yes I would definately recommend them but then again I am a bit anal when it comes to my LPs (Sleeves are so easily marked) :rofl:

I get all mine from Covers 33, been a while but I think it's about 25 quid for 50 delivered (must get some more:type: )

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
stevebrock said:
When i'm next near an Ikea, Im going to get an Expedit in Gloss White to match my TT.

Whats the concensus about siting your TT on top of an Expedit?

It would free up my Hi fi Rack too so I will be able to site my AV amp and importantly get my TT further away from my speakers.

I put adjustable legs under my IKEA unit (see page 1). Got them from B&Q for a couple of quid each. So that you can ensure your TT is level.

But as I have wooden floors, I then went for a wall-mounted Rega shelf above it to be safe.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
oh dear - I've filled 1 Expedit already and have vinyl on the floor now!

there are clinics to treat that kind of problems... :grin:

If I had the offer, the quantity, the prices and the quality of vinyl in Portugal that you have in the UK I had a few more records as well... ;)

:cheers:

scene

Mine are in a deep Billy (another Ikea fan!) in my study/office - pictures to follow (i've currently got some stuff I'm selling stacked in front of the cupboard!!)

Ikea seem to be winning the day on vinyl storage from what I can see...

mikeparker59

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
scene said:
Mine are in a deep Billy (another Ikea fan!) in my study/office - pictures to follow (i've currently got some stuff I'm selling stacked in front of the cupboard!!)

Ikea seem to be winning the day on vinyl storage from what I can see...

Is Vinyl big in Sweden? My modest collection is in an Expedit too, plus some books.

I actually made a back for my Expedit using some left over click together laminated flooring, and velcro to hold it in place. I wasn't keen on the open back nature of the Expedit, but it's such a perfect size for LP's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts