Leema update - very strange.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

You could always get a Nait... (JOKE)

Seriously PP, you have been nothing but positive about the sound of your Leema and the company don't exactly have a bad reputation for reliability. You may find that you don't have any further issues with your amp and that you can continue enjoying the sound you have been so happy with for a long time going forward. They may not have admitted the fault, but at least they have fixed it.

I would avoid any knee-jerk reactions for now and see how things go.

T

the record spot

stevebrock said:
:rofl:

all in jest!

Sacked the TT off for today, I have the horrible remasters of City to City & Night Owl on CD, go on then best put the vinyls on!

EMI put out a twofer with Night Owl and City to City maybe a year or two back? The City to City version was the mastering they used for the DCC version some years ago. Worth hunting down. Think it cost me a fiver, compared to the DCC which is significantly more!

matthewpiano said:

Seriously PP, you have been nothing but positive about the sound of your Leema and the company don't exactly have a bad reputation for reliability. You may find that you don't have any further issues with your amp and that you can continue enjoying the sound you have been so happy with for a long time going forward. They may not have admitted the fault, but at least they have fixed it.

Pleased you put JOKE or I'd send the boys round. ;)

You're right about the SQ. I'd probably be totally EDITED off with anything less after a few weeks.

But at what point do you say enough is enough?

T

the record spot

The Night Owl version isn't good. City to City is fine. Shouldn't be hurting your ears...unless you like your music wrapped in cotton wool. They are two different versions, but the C2C version is a good one.

matthewpiano

plastic penguin said:
matthewpiano said:

Pleased you put JOKE or I'd send the boys round. ;)

You're right about the SQ. I'd probably be totally EDITED off with anything less after a few weeks.

But at what point do you say enough is enough?

One last chance?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
I know the feeling......feel let down with Rega, hope my faith is restored on Tuesday with there after sales care

Steve you should be playing "Can I Have my Money Back" :)

If the item is faulty I would get a refund.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
I don't know what to do TBH. This latest episode has tainted my view of Leema Acoustics. Couldn't replace it at the mo with anything as good, apart from maybe a s/hand Arcam A38. Perhaps I should cut my losses and go with a Creek Evo2 or an all-in-one.

It's a shame because the Pulse is a genuine class act in pure SQ terms.

One slightly deflated penguin.

Give it a few months and I think your attitude will change, at least you did not have to pay for the repair.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
stevebrock said:
I know the feeling......feel let down with Rega, hope my faith is restored on Tuesday with there after sales care

Steve you should be playing "Can I Have my Money Back" :)

If the item is faulty I would get a refund.

it is over 4 weeks old so they are within there right to repair or replace

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I would stick with the Leema PP, it sounds like a fabulous amp. And you do seem very happy with it! From a customer care point of view they seem to have dealt with your issue pretty well, unlike some manufacturers...

TRENDING THREADS