Nu Force HP-800 fit the bill . . . !

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I concur with you here, these are an excellent little pair of headphones,

I have had a pair of these for a year now and they are the first thing I pack when going on holiday for use with my phone.

They are much sturdier than the previous model PX100.

My only gripe with these which is a personal thing is that they are on ear rather than around ear which for me is irritating after a long period of time.

Apart from that they are fantastic value.............

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
CJSF said:
chebby said:
Could try this...

8461423243_d383df625e.jpg

AirVinyl app.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/at-last-some-fun

Dont you wish you still had it Chebby, bit of 'green' creeping in?

I do still have it. I only bought it recently. It's just a bit of fun. (Inspired by feedback about it from 'moon' in that forum link I posted.)

I guess that's what I like about my system overall. It's fun. It's flexible. It sounds great. It doesn't dominate the room - or my life - or send me batting off around the country trying to find just the right little tweak to get some elusive, nth degree, pico scintilla of dubious 'improvement'. It doesn't make me have to "talk to my supplier very seriously" after wasted 200 mile round trips.

Since 2007, two years was about my limit before I got bored with a system. I am approaching two years (and a bonus in March*) with this system and I still love it. For the first time in six years I don't want to change anything or make any additions.

Far from being green/envious about your turntable or your system. The sheer time, anguish, heartache, money (and anger) your peregrinations have caused you over the last year or so have actually helped cure any 'itch' to get back to vinyl I may have had.

I should thank you for that.

Thank you.

* A dangerous time of year for 'upgraditis'.

Hi Chebby, hifi is a hobby, one of a number for me, I like the best I can afford, to get the best out of anything takes effort coupled with a little frustration on ocassions, but the final result is 'satisfaction' of which I have had more than my share over the years, since the mid 70's in fact.

My biggest pleasure has been to watch Hazel mature in the ways of hifi and especialy musicaly, she has better ears then me.

So, non of this has been a 'wast of time', apart perhaps, from reading posts that are taking a pop or simply saying nothing?

'Satisfaction' is the word Chebby . . . having gone from nothing, phisicaly or memtaly 2 years ago, to a very full apreciation of my music and system, plus a totaly new appreciation of 'living' . . . my life is far from dominated by hifi, however, it is very much enriched by it.

There are a few decent people left in the world, I talked to 'Divine Autio' this morning, they made no bones about the problem, refund, replacement, as I want. The problem is the hifi industry has shrunk in number but remans spread out, those left seem to be willing to 'help'to have another session with phones and a TT this time . . . all ads to the interest, experiance is knowledge 8)

CJSF

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
I mentioned earlier that I 'gave up' on more expensive headphones (like my old HD595s and the shoddy SR60is) and took advantage of a special offer in John Lewis to buy four pairs of Sennheiser PX100 IIs for everyone in the house - including me - to use at their computers/laptops/iThings. I have been really pleased with them so far. Suprisingly they have proved to be far less flimsy than the old PX100s AND the SR60is! (Reliability tested by two daughters, me and my wife since October with no problems at all so far.) So I couldn't resist reading your review of them. Given that ours cost £27.99 a pair (instead of the £44.95 places like Dixons were charging at the time) then I think we did well.

Glad to hear this. We've been through a few sets here, and my wife keeps a couple to alternate with her B&W P5 and ESW9a. The PX-100ii is a great success story.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
. . . 'fit the bill' . . . Well they did not in the end, need to do a bit of sorting, why the TT noise? So a cheep'o pair to do the investigation with, AKG 451 for £40! or a pair of Sennhieser PX100 II for £30 . . . :? I think the AKG's for starters :wave:

I have to mention Divine Audio, they were so good, full refund, no argument . . . pointed me in a direction to try to resolve the TT noise, thats service with a smile. Unfortunatly they not stock 'cheap headphones' . . . :wall:

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts