Leema update - very strange.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
PP, Did they do some factory 'tweaks' to make it sound a better amp?

Maybe you should of got an amp that sounded as good as it does today in the first place!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
:rofl:

all in jest!

Sacked the TT off for today, I have the horrible remasters of City to City & Night Owl on CD, go on then best put the vinyls on!

floyd droid said:
Chicken ! ;).

For christs sake if its still up the chute dont post owt or the flack will fly from certain quarters believe me.

Honestly don't know where the headphones are. Little'un ponsed them yesterday to hear them thru her CD/radio player. They've both gone out and as my back is still recovering I'm not getting on bended knees (Rega owners take note). It'll have to wait until this evening.

Absolutely fine now. I used same headphones.

Not sure what Leema Acoustics are doing as they stated: "No fault found" as regards action taken, "Replaced internal cable as a precaution".

That is exactly what they said on the phone and the form in the box.

:?

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
But the cynic in me also says that maybe they don't want to admit their baby has a defective headphone socket.

Makes you wonder dunnit. No fault found , so twas your lugholes then obviously.

I don't know what to do TBH. This latest episode has tainted my view of Leema Acoustics. Couldn't replace it at the mo with anything as good, apart from maybe a s/hand Arcam A38. Perhaps I should cut my losses and go with a Creek Evo2 or an all-in-one.

It's a shame because the Pulse is a genuine class act in pure SQ terms.

One slightly deflated penguin.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
I don't know what to do TBH. This latest episode has tainted my view of Leema Acoustics. Couldn't replace it at the mo with anything as good, apart from maybe a s/hand Arcam A38. Perhaps I should cut my losses and go with a Creek Evo2 or an all-in-one.

It's a shame because the Pulse is a genuine class act in pure SQ terms.

One slightly deflated penguin.

Well at least you know they will look after you and not walk away from their responsibility.....getting exactly the sound you like isn't always easy to find.

Any affordable amp will be a sideways move, though you may be happy with it.....but you also may not.

My advice is to stick with the Pulse until you can go up a level....which may well mean keeping your eye out for something ex-dem, or an end of range sell out.

p_m_brown

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Well if they fixed the problem for free, who cares?! The beauty of the guarantee is that they will undoubtedly fix it if it goes wrong again and by the sounds of things, very quickly with minimal fuss or disruption.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts