Leema Tucana, Antila and Xone speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased the above system and as my local dealer does not sell Wilson Benesch speakers I was recomended the Xones. After a long audition I did like the sound, however I keep wondering how much better would this Leema combo sound with your recomended setup ie. with Wilson Benesch speakers. Did I go for second best.

Claire, Can you tell me why you recommend the Leema combo as the best High End system and tell other forum users that the Plinius set up is better out of the two.

Have you reviewed the Leema Xones in your previous issues if not any thoughts.

All advice and thoughts appreciated

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your reply

Have you heard them against the wilsons or any other at the price level.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You see, I think your posting is asking for trouble. You just purchased a very nice HIFI which, according to you, you like. Enough to part with a substantial amount of cash.

Are you so wrapped up in reviews that you can't enjoy it, at least for a while? What does it matter what anyone else says. Proof I guess that no matter how good/expensive something is, its never good enough for some people. You could say its human nature but surely the caliber stuff you got warrants a few months of serious enjoyment before you even contemplate changing.

If I was you I'd stop buying magazines for a while mate.

A

Anonymous

Your reply is spot on. I did laugh when I read it as it is exactly how I feel.

Its becoming an obsession, it must end.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks for that.

I'll be looking at new CD's this weekend and not HIFI Mags

A

Anonymous

maciej1903:
Thanks a lot for your reply

Have you heard them against the wilsons or any other at the price level.

I have tried many speakers with the kit you mentioned, from B&W 805s,Pro-ac 140+ D15's,Wilson sq one + two's,Leema xone.For me clearly it was the Leema and Wilson sq one and two's.But to this day i still can,t decide between them.In the end i am getting Bryston bcd-1,Bryston b100-sst,Pro-ac d15.
I have been looking at hi-fi for many many months and had the chance to listen to kits like Classe(too smooth and refined you wish there was more kick),Naim(very enjoyable but i wish there was a soundstage),Plinus award winning kit(cool sounding bit like the Krell kit),Cyrus(too lean),Musical fidelity( one of the biggest sounding kit i heard but congested),Avi kit(excellent for the price),Primare(sounds stunning with B&W 805s),Leema(the best sounding kit so far)and Bryston the kit im
going to buy but ugly.

A

Anonymous

what was the difference and how huge was it between the xones and wilsons

A

Anonymous

maciej1903:
what was the difference and how huge was it between the xones and wilsons
I really don't remember,it was a long time ago.All i can say is they both sounded
great in there own ways.You have to listen to them,or just don't bother you have a excellent system anyways.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The main different would be BASS. Xones can produce a proper low level sound that deep and clean while WB's preformance are from tweeters. I found WB sound a little too lean for my taste (I must add that they do sound gorgeous on the end of Clearaudio turntables set up, playing vocal stuff)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Guys for the help and advice

Its so easy to get carried away with the HiFi stuff and forget what it is all acctually about. MUSIC!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts