Leema Tucana and Hydra - WHF Team opinions?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I've been looking at the Leema website and have seen that they have a Hydra version of their Tucana amp for biamping. I'm really impressed with my Tucana and was wondering what the benefits of biamping with the Hydra would be. Would it just make it louder (as it's plenty loud already)? Have the team tested the combination?

Is the Tucana on its own powerful enough to drive the Monitor Audio Platinums PL300's or would it need biamping? I'm hopefully going to be auditioning the Platinums in a couple of weeks.

A

Anonymous

Keep your money in your wallet,you have more than enough power with the tucana.imho

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Bi amping will not make things louder, but it will give more control of the speakers improving sound. The kit you have is in a differant league to mine so I don't know how much diff' it would make for you.

Can you not get a demo when you try the MA's

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, I haven't had much chance to be on the Forums for a couple of weeks....

We haven't had the Hydra yet - i'll chase it up with the test team. Tucana should be great with the MAs, but like any high-end speaker, they'll always appreciate a firmer hand. Why not try and audition when you hear the Platinums (gorgeous speakers!)

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
So I went to Lincoln and auditioned these (Sevenoaks, looked after me well).
MAPlatinums.jpg

and ended up with this (at a very good price):

IMG_2003.jpg

Still running in the speakers but they sound fantastic on the Tucana.

TRENDING THREADS