led 3d tv for £500

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Simon

thanks for the reccomendation, this tv looks ok though i want smart tv as well.

I dont mind paying a bit more if i have to, but i'm on a tight budget.

Cheers

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding, i'm without a tv at the moment so it would have to be now unfortunatly.

As i said i dont mind spending a bit more if i have to, though i'm having a hard time to find anything anything that has 5 stars in what hifi.

Cheers

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reccomendations guys

I've had a look at both TV's and they both seem quite good, i'm not sure which one would have the best picture out of the two.

I couldnt find many reviews for the samsung LED.

Negative points for LED ->
  • Potential clouding
  • Narrow viewing angles
  • Glossy screen causes reflections ----- Slightly concerened about the clouding issue, not sure how regular this could be?
Negative points for Plasma ->Slightly sluggish Smart menus at timesPictures not as bright as LCD ones - not sure how much brightness would be lostStandard definition images lose a little colour naturalism ---- Slightly concerned about how much difference this would make?I would also be wanting this tv for gaming so not sure how much of a difference that makes?I know that both TV's have a motion rate of 600 Mhz.So i guess now i'm not sure which one to go for out of the two or if there are any other options out there that i should consider?Cheers

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reccomendations guys

I've had a look at both TV's and they both seem quite good, i'm not sure which one would have the best picture out of the two.

I couldnt find many reviews for the samsung LED.

Negative points for LED ->

Potential clouding

Narrow viewing angles

Glossy screen causes reflections ----- Slightly concerened about the clouding issue, not sure how regular this could be?

Negative points for Plasma ->

Slightly sluggish Smart menus at times

Pictures not as bright as LCD ones - not sure how much brightness would be lost

Standard definition images lose a little colour naturalism ---- Slightly concerned about how much difference this would make?

I would also be wanting this tv for gaming so not sure how much of a difference that makes?

I know that both TV's have a motion rate of 600 Mhz.

So i guess now i'm not sure which one to go for out of the two or if there are any other options out there that i should consider?

Cheers

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry i forgot to mention that i would be wanting to hang the tv on the wall and have just read that there are issues with the hanging the plasma, as the Tv's rear sticks out a bit.

I'm not to bothered if it sticks out a bit as long as that i can still hang it on the wall.

Cheers

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, sorry my mistake.

I've just bee reading that the above plasma isnt to suited to day time viewing, most of my viewing would be on the night though i would still like the option to watch in daytime.

How bad is this tv for day time viewing?

Can you still see the picture?

Cheers

Plasma is absolutely fine for daytime viewing, unless you're keeping the TV in direct sunlight. Personally, I prefer plasmas for their natural rendition of colours and inherently better motion control without any artificial processing.

Paul.

The 51F5500 has no anti reflective coating what so ever. it has the same pannel as my Tv (51E6500 from last year) except my TV has a pretty good coating (Real Black Pro according to the marketing fluff) And even with this coating I have to pull the curtains a bit in day time.

Paul.

bigboss said:
Plasma is absolutely fine for daytime viewing, unless you're keeping the TV in direct sunlight. Personally, I prefer plasmas for their natural rendition of colours and inherently better motion control without any artificial processing.

your Kuro is brighter than the sun, most modern plasmas are not!

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So im prety much in 2 minds as to which one of the 2 samsungs to go for, i guess the plasma would be ok if i can watch it in the daytime.

My room has the sun on it but the tv wouldnt be in direct sunlight.

Not sure if there are any other models out there that would be worth considering?

Cheers

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the daytime viewing issue, do you think that their would be much difference in picture quality between the 2 tv's?

Also do you think that either of these are the best options for me for 3d smart?

Cheers

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've just spoken to Richer sounds about the Samsung plama and they said that plasmas have a problem with screen burn and they reccomended the LG 42LA690V as a better option.

I also spoke to currys about the LG 42LA690V and Samsung UE40F6670, and they said that the UE40F6670 is the better option out of the two.

I know that this kind of thing comes down to personal preference though i guess i just want to go for the best option.

I'm a little confused as to what to which one to go for, as i think that if i viewed all 3 tvs side by side i probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference in picture quality.

Cheers

Paul.

triflesterms said:
I've just spoken to Richer sounds about the Samsung plama and they said that plasmas have a problem with screen burn and they reccomended the LG 42LA690V as a better option.

Cheers

http://m.cnet.com/news/samsung-plasma-wins-cnets-accidental-burn-in-test/57449881

triflesterms

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Paul,

just read the article so i guess screen burn isnt anything to be to worried about, in regards to the tv's above, Richer sounds told me that active 3d requires batteries for the specs and active can give headaches and that passive is better.

Is that true?

Cheers

Paul.

I get headaches with active and passive, I think it's not one or the other, you are either susceptible to it or not. Yes, the glasses take button cell bateries, but you get 100+ hours time off a £1 battery.

Active vs passive is a personal choice. I personally prefer passives, but the nature of the technology is such that the output resolution is reduced to half. You get full 1080p resolution with actives, but as RS said, comfort could be an issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts