Late Night Listening

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
So Why does the system sound so much better when listening later in the evening.

Got back from Holiday yesterday to 4 new CD's one of which I have been contemplating buying for quite some time - 'Sunday at Devil Dirt' - Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan it will not be to everyone's tastes that is for sure. listened to all 4 CD's (Skipped through) and was really impressed with the recording quality of this one, put it on again last night at about 10pm and it Blew me away, I often find that my favorite CD's sound better later on in the evening. I have a couple of theories as to why but thought I would ask the experts as it were. Why is this?

idc

My experience as well. What hifi did an article on it in one of the Guides. They put forward the explinations of -

a) quieter and stronger voltage in the mains

b) less extranious noise

c) more relaxed listener

and I agree.

A

Anonymous

Sort of off - topic, but I have Ballad of the Broken Seas by Campbell and Lanegan, which I enjoy.

A

Anonymous

idc:
My experience as well. What hifi did an article on it in one of the Guides. They put forward the explinations of -

b) less extranious noise

c) more relaxed listener

and I agree.

Later, more tired, with a couple of sherberts - you listen to the music - NOT criticising the system and how it sounds - simple.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Graham_Thomas:idc:

b) less extranious noise

c) more relaxed listener

and I agree.

Later, more tired, with a couple of sherberts - you listen to the music - NOT criticising the system and how it sounds - simple.

No Alcohol involved last night . The Tired/Relaxed thing is possible, I do tend to try and listen purely for enjoyment and not be over critical. It is Possibly quieter but I live in a village and it is quite quiet anyway.

I Had thought about the fact that is is darker, lack of visual input may heighten the audible senses a little.

I am a recent convert to the Value of mains conditioning and do have a Tachima Mains Block, wondering if something additional will get me closer to the late night experience during the day.

JR - I have already Marked Ballad of the Broken Seas in My Amazon Wish List
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

From the sounds of things i could guess you have bluetak involved somewere , under speakers ? behind your ears ? its a hidden beutifullness that hifi listeners wont agrree too but its the main improvement ithink ive said enough get ready for r*** and**** 40 strand bluetak £199 for a small bag.

r

A

Anonymous

pwiles1968:wondering if something additional will get me closer to the late night experience during the day.

Yeah, a couple of sherberts!

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
bjorkiii:

From the sounds of things i could guess you have bluetak involved somewere , under speakers ? behind your ears ? its a hidden beutifullness that hifi listeners wont agrree too but its the main improvement ithink ive said enough get ready for r*** and**** 40 strand bluetak £199 for a small bag.

r

I use White Tack, less colouration to the audio
emotion-4.gif

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Agree with idc`s post. But more than anything for me I`d say it`s the tiredness factor. Sometimes when I`m really tired and I listen to something on the headphones it just seems to burrow into your being like at no other time. My first recollection of this experience was many years ago listening to a Black Sabbath compilation on vinyl. The Sabs sounded so different to my ears under those circumstances.

A

Anonymous

pwiles1968:bjorkiii:

r

I use White Tack, less colouration to the audio
emotion-4.gif

With green marker pen around the edge. And a health ring.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts