Last.fm....What do you make of it...?

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I recently installed Last.fm after reading a bit about it on here. Still getting used to it and trying to work out the optimum settings and replay modes...

From what I understand, the purpose of the site is to tap into your personal iTunes library and then suggest similar/alternative artists based on the users individual preferences and tastes ?? This seems like a clever and handy arrangement so far anyway...

Can anyone suggest the best way to use the application and get the most out of it please..? And what are people thinking of it so far...? worth the subscription or not...?

Thanks people...[;)]

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I just use it very simply - type in an artist, let it come up with other possibles, and when I hear something interesting, pop onto Napster and give it a proper listen along with the rest of the album. I've found a hell of a lot of new music this way....

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I use it just for finding new stuff. I haven't set it to scrobble as there is some questionable stuff in my own collection. I set up my 15 artists and then let it start the recommendations. There is now not a single artist in my library that I had heard of before. I'll then go and buy the CD if I like it.

TRENDING THREADS