what/which dsp software player do you use mostly to listen muisic?

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Hi
I used to play music with foobar2000 or musicbee or even aimp and under macos Swinsian (always in beta) and sometime audirvana (it does crash often)
Since many albums have lots of trebles (for example I was listening radiohead ok computer I own the vinyl,cd and audio aac , it 's clipping and lots of trebles ), other could sound dull or too weak or loud or with a not pleasant Eq

I like Highpass Filter/Lowpass Filter ,Eq and with some amps Noise Sharpening
Can I know what software do you use to play audio and may I ask you which dsp do you use?
might you please share software player and dsp?
thanks

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Foobar 2000 no EQ. Generally if sounds bad it could be the recording. What kit do you use?
hi
yesterday I was listening Powerslave and Piece Of Mind and Killers (all Remastered in 2015) by Iron Maiden and they have lots of trebles for my ears , i have asked to my friends and they did confirm
to reduce treble (high frequencies ) should I decrease these frequency?
thanks

Wasgero

Apr 15, 2024
Visit site
It might not be the most audiophile-approved choice, but VLC's built-in equalizer along with the graphic representation of adjustments lets me tinker until my heart's content. It's like having a virtual conductor's baton to fine-tune the orchestra of my music library. Plus, VLC plays pretty much anything you throw at it, so no more scrambling for different players depending on the file format.

Of course, some might say the interface isn't the most intuitive (looking at you, foobar2000!), but hey, if it sounds good, it sounds good, right? What are your experiences with lesser-known players as a monday.com consultant, Drugo?

Last edited:
Reactions: jjbomber

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Music Bee played directly into my DAC
hi
may i know why don't you use asio drivers?
thanks
It might not be the most audiophile-approved choice, but VLC's built-in equalizer along with the graphic representation of adjustments lets me tinker until my heart's content. It's like having a virtual conductor's baton to fine-tune the orchestra of my music library. Plus, VLC plays pretty much anything you throw at it, so no more scrambling for different players depending on the file format.
hi
but vlc is great ,but the EQ has only 10 bands , musicbee foobar and aimp could eq each songs/albums
thanks

Drugo

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
WASAPI is native in Windows 10. My computer is Windows 10

hi
but i have found some devices do sound much better for my ears with asio provided by them, i think asio drivers could not take controll of the windows audio or maybe yes , but i don't know how set asio to take controll of the device
but to sound much better for my ears ,seems related about asio resampler
i think windows resampler is not so great , about musicbee ,i don't know what resampler does it use ,for sure not sox or some top notch resampler
thanks

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
I use MusicBee on Win 7, 10, and 11 systems. I mostly use it to rip CDs and organize my music collection. I have a Bose Revolve II bluetooth speaker to do all listening. That is sufficient and satisfying for my computer music requirements.

Vincent Kars

EQ can be implemented in 2 ways. You can use a system wide EQ like Equalizer APO.
The moment you use drivers talking straight to the DAC like WASAPI or ASIO, all OS audio processing is bypassed including of course the Equalizer APO. If that is the case , one use the EQ as supplied by the media player e.g. Musicbee has a 20 band one.
Nice overview including "all" operating systems.

Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS