Kit racks..

TimBisley

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been adding things to my kitrack on and off for ages without any thought to the mess of wires gathering behind, but things came to a head when I bought a new set of surround speakers and had to take everything out and start again.

I went to Screwfix and bought a load of cable ties, and sent away for an ethernet switch and some short ethernet cables, then rewired everything keeping it all neat (I decided to go for a wired connection to my networked equipment because of stability issues on my WiFi).

I guess this isn't really a "Top Tip", but it sure made me feel better knowing there wasn't a load of spaghetti behind my stuff. My wife approves, too!! :rofl:

One thing I did find is that moving my speaker cables away from the power ones as you have recommended in the past did make a difference to the sound. I don't know if this is just wishful thinking from me or if something really is happening, though.. any thoughts?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
TimBisley said:
One thing I did find is that moving my speaker cables away from the power ones as you have recommended in the past did make a difference to the sound. I don't know if this is just wishful thinking from me or if something really is happening, though.. any thoughts?

In general it's advisable not to have signal cables, be they interconnects or speaker cables, running parallel with power leads, and certainly not cable-tied together.

If you're going to take this approach, best to bundle the power cables together and tie them in one 'loom', interconnects in another, and speaker cables in a third.

If possible, where power cables and signal cables meet, they should cross at right angles (if you're going to get all annual about these things!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts