Keith Monks DiscOvery Classic RCM

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I decided to splash out and order a Keith Monks machine. 4 -5 weeks to wait and it is time to get cleaning, I hope to say it was worth every penny.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
My local second-hand record shop has a twin platter KM cleaner. (Bought from the old Capital Radio when they closed.)

It was refurbished and is regularly maintained / replenished by KM themselves.

Back when I was still buying vinyl, I had every disk - incuding brand new ones - cleaned this way and the effect is astonishing. (It cost £2, including archival quality anti-stat sleeve, for every LP cleaned but it was worth it.)

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The one I have purchased is £1595 it is slower than the big machine but exactly the same brush and principles of operation. I have moved to Switzerland now so I get the VAT off so it ends up been a pretty good price even when I add the 7.6% Swiss tax on.

Lee

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Leehallam said:
The one I have purchased is £1595 it is slower than the big machine but exactly the same brush and principles of operation. I have moved to Switzerland now so I get the VAT off so it ends up been a pretty good price even when I add the 7.6% Swiss tax on.

Lee

Oops!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Leehallam said:
Chebby,

Why Oops, your worrying me ??

I'm assuming that it because the machine linked to, is cheaper....but there are 2 models, and I think that the one you have includes "a built-in Mini Cooper fluid hand pump and on-deck brush system to more evenly and efficiently distribute the fluid and clean the record. "

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes 2 models available, one without the brush and pump and one with. I went for the one with the brush, it is exactly the same brush and pump as in the big machine.

Details in link

http://www.vinyldiscovery.com/#!features/c10fk

This is the video of Jon Monks doing a demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl78H37kZhI

Will see what it is like in 4 weeks

Lee :)

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Well worth the money 100 records cleaned all the old vinyl sounds like new. The cleaning brush block and the pump is almost the same as the bigger machine, I bought the 12 inch and 7 inch brush and they both work like a treat. The vacuum arm and system is great very quite and the records dry very well. Into the Nagaoka no 102 sleeves done.

I have used the Keith Monks fluid and the l art du son both work a treat I think I will use up the Monks fluid and switch purely because it is less expensive.

Highly recommended

Lee

Glad to hear that the machine is working to expectations. I have often debated getting one myself but, up until now, have never managed to justify it on the cost versus size of vinyl collection situation. I believe there are now / soon to be available different manufacturers devices and I am keen to see how these perform in the real world. Who knows I may feel the urge to rush out and buy one tomorrow
regular_smile.gif

At the moment, however, I think I could clean my whole collection professionally 3 times over for the price you paid for your machine, so the old Knosti might have to soldier on for a good while yet.

TRENDING THREADS