KEF XQ40 Opinions...

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
This is only my experience, but i had the XQ30s for around a week and i must say i have never been more dissapointed with a speaker. They look fantasticly good which is part of the reason i was interested in the first place. Unfortunatly the sound is brittle with no bass and very bright to my ears. I had a friend over and he could not believe i spent so much money on them. I returned them within a week. In complete honesty my b&w 685s to my ear were better and most of my friends agreed. Quite bad when you consider the price difference. Since then the only people i have had recommending them are dealers that stock them. Anyway i must stress that this is my experience and you should have a listen and make up your own mind. But be warned you need a powerful amp to make them sound anywhere near decent.
Cheers mate and good luck!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I personally really like the XQ30 and not just because we sell them. I bought a set for myself and initially they sounded a bit short of the money but after 100 hours or so they really came to life. As with all Kef speakers they do benefit from a good bit of power behind them and running on the end of my Lyngdorf they sounded excellent.

The QX40s are a step up and a much larger speaker but once again I feel they are a very good speaker. We have a number on the end of Yamaha Z11's and in all cases they perform superbly. They certainly hold their own against the Tannoy/Dali/PMC at the similar level.

You should have no issues with the 909 driving them at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts