KEF LS50W review

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
YiannisK said:
Exciting stuff about the KEFs :). However, that 3m ethernet cable is short in my opinion. Does anyone know if longer (properly shielded) ethernet lengths can be used without any loss in SQ?

If one uses stands with cable management then I image a 5m length would be needed. Just wondering if this will impact the sound in any way...
A longer length can be used without any issues. I can't imagine anyone wanting to use anything longer than 5 or 6 metres. Just use the same spec cable (Cat6 I believe) and it should be fine. Beware of sellers selling cable that aren't up to the spec they claim though (if buying from the likes of Amazon or eBay).

YiannisK

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you David,

I agree, no need for anyting above 5/6m. A 5m cable length is actually ideal in order to use a pair of stands and hide cables.

davidf said:
YiannisK said:
Exciting stuff about the KEFs :). However, that 3m ethernet cable is short in my opinion. Does anyone know if longer (properly shielded) ethernet lengths can be used without any loss in SQ?

If one uses stands with cable management then I image a 5m length would be needed. Just wondering if this will impact the sound in any way...
A longer length can be used without any issues. I can't imagine anyone wanting to use anything longer than 5 or 6 metres. Just use the same spec cable (Cat6 I believe) and it should be fine. Beware of sellers selling cable that aren't up to the spec they claim though (if buying from the likes of Amazon or eBay).

TRENDING THREADS