admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i I have ordered these speakers and am waiting delivery so in the mean time i would like to run the speaker wires in the wall.After reading in this forum i have worked out that the best height for the fronts is ear level when seated and ear level when standing for the rears is this right?I will be wall mounting them with the supplied brackets but my problem is i dont know how they look when fitted to the wall so i cannot work out what height i should bring the wires out of the wall.Does anyone know say the height from the top of the speaker to where the wires should run?hope this makes sense.thanks in advance.

J.M.S

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi Trigg,

I have a set of these wall mounted,

The hole for the cables is 35mm up from the bottom of the base, the speaker cable connectors are right in front of it.

It is 160mm from the top of the speaker

The bottom edge of the speaker is roughly inline with the bottom of the base

The speakers come with a template to show you where to drill the holes for the screws and the speaker cable.

If I could work out how to post a photo of it I would !!!!

A

Anonymous

thanks very much jms that definately helps.Much more info than i had,by the way how do you rate these speakers?

J.M.S

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
Glad to have helped,

I am driving these with a Denon 1909 receiver and i am very pleased with them.

To my ears they sound great and the sub has enough grunt to make its presence felt ( sorry neighbours
emotion-10.gif
)

I would have liked a little more adjustment in the brackets, but its no big deal.

Do make sure you tighten the allen headed bolts that hold the ball joints before mounting them to the wall becauce they have a tendency to come loose if you dont.

Get some pan head screws to fix the mounting brackets to the wall, these fit the key hole slots nicely , they are easily available from most diy sheds or builders merchants.

If you have any problems , feel free to contact me

A

Anonymous

thats good to hear.I also ordered the yamaha dspax 763 amp to go with them got a good deal i think £799 for both.Just have to wait now until delivery.Thankyou for the help and advice im new to this so any help from people like you is much appreciated.cheers.

A

Anonymous

trigg:thats good to hear.I also ordered the yamaha dspax 763 amp to go with them got a good deal i think £799 for both.Just have to wait now until delivery.Thankyou for the help and advice im new to this so any help from people like you is much appreciated.cheers.

trigg where was that from?

A

Anonymous

sevenoaks mate they have deals on there website which i had to state to the salesman.He wouldnt actually tell me first.The deal originally was i think onkyo amp and the cheaper kef speakers for £649.But he said that i would probably be disapointed with that set up and recommended the yamaha and 2005.3 for £799 did some research that seemed a very good deal as it meant the amp was only £100.hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Hi there Trigg.

Can you let me know which branch this was, please?

The reason I asked is that I rang them up and the chap in branch said that they were not doing the deal with the Yamaha, as there were not a lot of Yamaha's about.
emotion-6.gif

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi

Ordered mine yesterday from Sevenoaks Sheffield. The deal is on their offers page for the Onkyo 606 & Kef 2005.3's, but as the rrp of the 763 is the same as the 606, they agreed to do it at the same price - less 2.5 % vat of course
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks BluMonday, this is good to know. I will give sheffield a ring tomorrow and if they can do this deal then they have a sale. I tried to get this deal last week at severnoaks Peterborough, but they wouldnt do it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts