KDL-40W3000 settings

daveamiller

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone played with the 40W3000 settings to get an optimal picture for their standard setting? (for use with general programs through Sky) *appreciate environment etc plays it's part but figured I'd throw it out to everyone anyway :)

DVD, HD etc all bang on, but 'normal' day to day Sky viewing is testing me a little .. so just looking for some tips

A

Anonymous

Dave, I'm thinking of buying the same model, and since you own one, I was wondering what you think of how it handles motion? Is motion blurring a problem?

Sorry I can't help you with your query.

A

Anonymous

Motion Blurring has never been a problem i've experienced.

Here are some settings pilfered from another site :

Full pixel.
Sky contrast Medium.

backlight 5
contrast 94
brightness 47
colour 56
colour temp warm2
sharpness min
noise red off
black corrector off
adv con enh off
gamma off
clear white off
colour space standard
live colour off
detail enh off
edge enh off
white balance all set to 0

A

Anonymous

My tip would be turn the backlight down to minimum and turn the light sensor on, have your contrast down to 80 ish and your brightness around 44-45, that will give you the best blacks. My sharpness is set at 8.

The colour warmth is very personal but I think anything other than cool or standard looks naff.

daveamiller

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Axum, be4con - many thanks, will try them out today and report back with any findings ..

Earl - motion blurring seems not an issue, especially using DVD, HD the picture is as good as I've seen. With the price dropping on these as well (sub £1200 now) it was a good buy for me ... just coudn't bring myself to part with the extra cash for the X series :)

Thanks - happy new year all ..

daveamiller

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Axum,

Found you in the avforums site discussing this also .. just placing the slightly updated settings to your above post - getting there (just heading home from work to try these now)

backlight 2*
contrast 94
brightness 52*
colour 53*
colour temp warm2
sharpness min
noise red off
black corrector off
adv con enh off
gamma off
clear white off
colour space standard