panasonic 42gt60 settings

murg

May 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi All,

following on from previous thread I took the plunge and bought the42 gt60. Amazingly my local stockist allowed me to take the 42 and the 50 home for the weekend for home viewing. ( how brilliant is that?) 42 it was due to space constraints but it seemed to me that it had the edge also on PQ although they claim to be the same panel.

PQ out of the box was stunning on " normal" setting and I found the other settings were no where near as sharp or detailed ( personal choice I suppose) I have tried other recommended calibration settings found elsewhere and none come near. Reviews all say that once set up properly it can get even better! anyone out ther got settings they are using that are getting the best out of this superb set? I know its all down to personal taste but you know how it is. New toy and I just cant stop tweaking. trying to get the best picture I can. for some strange reason my wife cant understand this odd behaviour!

would appreciate any advice

D

Deleted member 2457

Congrats! :clap:

I have mine on normal settings and love it. :)

murg

May 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gel,

I agree "normal" setting is quite breathtaking. I need to ask a deeper technical question and one that is beyond me which is this......... I have fed a hard drive into the tv directly via usb. I am watching 720 and 1080 content but although the PQ is stunning I have noticed the picture juddering on some motion scenes. I fed the film back through the WD TV live and the problem stops. only trouble is the WD PQ is nowhere near as good as a direct feed. anyone out there with a technical know how??

I have tried different cables and ports with no luck

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts