just baged onkyo 606 for £349

A

Anonymous

Don't tease.... where did thee see this wonderful bargain?

A

Anonymous

Indeed a risk.

Possible, but probably not probable.... I hope!

I could always sell it before the bad reviews hit!

If I locate this bargain to begin with of course!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info
emotion-43.gif

p.s. I've just bagged a Ferrari Dino for £20 but I aint telling where
emotion-4.gif
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

soory guys, i havent checked this thread since i started it, i have been busy putting up new speakers.

if you go to onkyo now( search for onkyo 605 in google, the very top listing "exceptional audio visula i think" have the 605 listed at £350, order it, then the next day ring to check delivery, they dont have any and will offer you the 606 at the same price.

and yes it may be a bag of poo bit its better than nothing, and you cant buy a 605 now (probably can, but its ms excuse and im sticking to it),

hope this helps

goos shopping

A

Anonymous

goose shopping is like good shopping, but its done a lot quicker, like when your md is stood behind you!!!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="boogi11"]
hi all just to let you know with a bit of cunning the 606 can be pre ordered for £349, delivery in two weeks so they say.

[/quote]

Just ordered mine. They quoted the same price and said 2 weeks. I just hope this place is genuine. If they are not, I will be back here and I will blame you!!!

I was going to buy from Richer Sounds, but for this price I thought it was worth the risk.

A

Anonymous

good hope it works out for you, i have done a bit of digging and these people look ok. one word of warning they do take payment immediately, but there are loads of addresses, and every time i ring they always answer the phone quickly, they have told me 2 weeks

A

Anonymous

Just noticed their website now lists it at £399 and the 605 at 349. Maybe they realized they were selling it much cheaper than their competition and decided to put the price up.

If you still want this, try phoning them and see if you can get it for the original price.

A

Anonymous

Got mine for £379.

Well, the usual £400.00 but if you go via quidco there's 5.25% cashback to hifi bitz.

They say to be shipped end of April, hopefully next week then!

A

Anonymous

Richer Sounds are saying they will have them in on Wednesday. Lets just hope they come in on time at the other retailers. My Yammy is 9 years old and its on its last legs.

After this I will have to start saving up for speakers as they are also about 9 years old and are not that good any more. I will probably wait until the next awards issue comes out before I can afford them.

Anyone want to recommend how much I should be trying to save up and what speakers are good for that price at the moment?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

hust to let you know , i think some of you are missing the trick of these people.

You have to order the 605 at 350, then ring them the next day to cahs it, they will tell you they have put your name next to a 606 for the same price.

hope this helps

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It does seem somewhat unethical to order a product knowing that you're going to try to cancel it and get a newer one.

But I suspect the retailer in question may soon become aware of this loophole and close it rather quickly if lots of people try to do the same thing.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Particularly when they advertise that fact on a well-frequented website.[/quote]

Indeed, JD.

Mind you, one must wonder why the company is still advertising the TX-SR605 if, as the OP claims, it doesn't have any left in stock.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, it was just a one off for some lucky customers who ordered 605s, which we could not supply, and was done purely as a guesture of goodwill. Apologies as it is not a regular discount on the excellent new 606. We have had a small batch of 606s in and more will be coming shortly - feedback so far from customers has been excellent!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts