Jurassic World 3D / 2D blu ray fiasco

Universal strangely decided to include only the 3D version of the disc if you buy 3D. People got cheesed off and sent angry emails to Universal.

This is the response they got:

Dear Customer,

We understand you are disappointed not to have received a 2D Blu-ray with your Jurassic World 3D Blu-ray. As a valued customer, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment would like to supply you with a 2D Blu-ray. Please send a proof of purchase and your mailing address to JurassicWorld@Cinram.com (by 19th October 2016) and we will send you a disc as a matter of priority.

Kind regards

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

I got an email from Amazon today (I didn't ask them for the 2D disc):

Hello,

We're contacting you regarding your Amazon.co.uk order xxx which includes the following:

-----------------------------------------------------
B00YH0CQ9W

Jurassic World (Blu-ray 3D) [2015] [Region Free]

It's been brought to our attention that the product description on the above title may not have been clear when you placed your order and that in addition to the 3D copy of Jurassic World (Blu-ray 3D) [2015] [Region Free], you may have also expected a 2D version.

As Universal will be releasing a 2-disc version of Jurassic World on November 23rd (3d and 2d discs), we're happy to advise that we shall be sending you a copy of this 2-disc version free of charge. This will be dispatched the week commencing 23, November 2015 and should arrive 3-5 days later.

We hope that this helps, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Universal strangely decided to include only the 3D version of the disc if you buy 3D. People got cheesed off and sent angry emails to Universal.

This is the response they got:

Dear Customer,

We understand you are disappointed not to have received a 2D Blu-ray with your Jurassic World 3D Blu-ray. As a valued customer, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment would like to supply you with a 2D Blu-ray. Please send a proof of purchase and your mailing address to JurassicWorld@Cinram.com (by 19th October 2016) and we will send you a disc as a matter of priority.

Kind regards

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

I got an email from Amazon today (I didn't ask them for the 2D disc):

Hello,

We're contacting you regarding your Amazon.co.uk order xxx which includes the following:

----------------------------------------------------- B00YH0CQ9W

Jurassic World (Blu-ray 3D) [2015] [Region Free]

It's been brought to our attention that the product description on the above title may not have been clear when you placed your order and that in addition to the 3D copy of Jurassic World (Blu-ray 3D) [2015] [Region Free], you may have also expected a 2D version.

As Universal will be releasing a 2-disc version of Jurassic World on November 23rd (3d and 2d discs), we're happy to advise that we shall be sending you a copy of this 2-disc version free of charge. This will be dispatched the week commencing 23, November 2015 and should arrive 3-5 days later.

We hope that this helps, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department Amazon.co.uk
Thats good!

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i seen this today too (took JW into richer sounds to demo on samsung SUHD tvs) it didnt work for some reason if i had the 2d version also it would have damn you universal! i rang amazon and got a refund as i want the proper case with 2 disc slots not just have 1 slot with 2 discs. i got refunded £14.89 or so when it costs £18 as i had that voucher from back in august they gave people £10 off. so i rang up yet again to say because of their errors i was to be the one affected by all this as i would have to pay extra to re-buy it so they just gave me a £5 voucher which works out.

cheapo universal what was they even thinking regarding this?!

ellisdj said:
The film didn't make enough money so they obviously needed to penny pinch.

Jokers ain't they

It's the third highest grossing film of all time, with sales of $1.522 billion.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/07/23/as-jurassic-world-tops-avengers-have-our-box-office-records-lost-all-meaning/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts