Jumper cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am bi-wiring my speakers (MA S10). I found out just now that only one of the speakers has got its jumpers. Dunno how I managed not to noticed till now to be honest. Anyway... Shall I remove them totally? Or on the contrary replace the missing ones?

I have plenty spare "Clearwater" so that's not an issue.

Furthermore, if I'm honest, it sounds like the left speaker (jumper-less) sounds "better" than the right one (jumper-ed). Better as in more prominent and easier to identify. Sorry for poor description here btw.

So my General Question: What is the purpose of those jumper cables in the first place?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you're biwiring, you don't need the jumpers at all.

Biwirable speaker have the crossover inside split into two sections: one filters out bass and delivers signal to the tweeter, the other filters out treble and delivers bass to the woofer.

The jumpers are there to link these two sections when the speakers are used single-wired.

The reason the jumper-less one sounds better is that it's the only one you're actually biwiring at the moment, ie with the crossovers separated. The other one is just being single-wired, but with two runs of cable.

Take the jumpers out when biwiring.

A

Anonymous

basically, jumper cables are a far superior replacement for those nasty-sounding gold plated links that your speakers are supplied with. What they do is connect the treble frequency and the bass frequency together n order for you to run a single speaker cable (one either end) . If youre bi-wiring however, these jumper cables need to be removed in order to "split" the two frequecnies

clive

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Take the jumpers out when biwiring.

Yes, Sir. Done.

WOW... everything sounds so much better. I can't quite believe there is such an obvious difference (improvement) between the single-wiring and the bi-wiring (on my speakers at least). Everything sounds "balanced" now. As it should. Really happy!!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks to both of you for your prompt and nearly simultaneous replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts